Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

I am in Canada and I tried going through the UK website... It works out to be roughly the same. It makes no sense... to ship two Mego figures (or one for that matter) should by no means cost $67 for economy shipping. This does need to be addressed because it shuts out an entire nation of potential Mego collectors.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Don't any Canadian fans have family in the United States? They could be a simple way to order them.

Comment

• JamesB.
        • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        Don't any Canadian fans have family in the United States? They could be a simple way to order them.
        I too am in Canada (Ontario), and I have no one in the US that can order and ship the Motion Picture Spock figure for me. And we really shouldn't have to ask or rely on other people to order items for us here in Canada. We are probably the second largest purchasers of Mego product, after the USA.

There is absolutely no reason why TOPPS should be charging an astronomical shipping fees to Canada. Ugh.

Comment

• Riderfan
          Megos are cool
          • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
          I am in Canada and I tried going through the UK website... It works out to be roughly the same. It makes no sense... to ship two Mego figures (or one for that matter) should by no means cost $67 for economy shipping. This does need to be addressed because it shuts out an entire nation of potential Mego collectors.
          Yeah I looked at that too. Shipping was cheaper, but IIRC the figures were GBP19.99 instead of USD19.99. So no savings whatsoever.

No way in h@ll I'm paying ~C$140.00 for 2 Mego figures. That's insane

In fact I'm so put out by this I'm thinking of cancelling my order with Zolo's & moving on. This hobby is getting way to expensive
          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

This is horrible. Our Canadian neighbors shouldn't be "sanction" with such an expensive shipping charge. I hope Marty and Topps can resolved this ASAP: Making it too expensive on a large segment of Mego fans is not nice.
            Last edited by nubee; Aug 23, '21, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 23, 2019

I bought clothes and a couple heads from Classic, shipped in an envelope for $30… I only paid 30 for them all. It’s this amazing flat rate service, if it fits in the box it costs $xyz. Not Topps fault since they base their business on cards, that’s orobably what they charge for a case of them.
              I didn’t think they were going to go with figures that are integral to the collection. Kor is not needed for the casual collector, but if you don’t buy Spock, whose going to buy, or sell for that matter, Kirk and McCoy? I thought they were going to do variants that are not going to be missed, if you miss the window. Small quantities are going to be difficult to find afterwards.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

I can't order these. Every time I click "add to cart" nothing happens. Anyone else encounter this, and have any advice?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

^Did you make an account? It won’t work otherwise.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Any you have to sign in to add to cart.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

When do you think we will find out if Topps met the required number of orders to manufacture the Shazam and Black Adam figures? I posed the question on facebook and haven't gotten an answer yet. Do you think they will reveal the actual number of orders they got so we know how many are actually getting produced? It would be nice to know how many they make to know how rare or common they are.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

If they release two new figures every Monday will people be able to afford 8 figures a month with shipping costs and such? And with just a week window to work with as well, it's not going to be when of those types of purchases where you can get it at a later date. It's not an issue for me and I like the anticipation every week but I hope my point is made.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

When do you think we will find out if Topps met the required number of orders to manufacture the Shazam and Black Adam figures? I posed the question on facebook and haven't gotten an answer yet. Do you think they will reveal the actual number of orders they got so we know how many are actually getting produced? It would be nice to know how many they make to know how rare or common they are.
                          I never thought about that, but as a collectibles company, it would be kind of neat to see the production number prominently shown on the packaging.

"Limited Edition of 5,003"

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 5, 2018

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            If they release two new figures every Monday will people be able to afford 8 figures a month with shipping costs and such? And with just a week window to work with as well, it's not going to be when of those types of purchases where you can get it at a later date. It's not an issue for me and I like the anticipation every week but I hope my point is made.
                            If that's the plan, we could get a whole line of never produced Star Trek aliens. Ruk, Sarek and Amanda, Harry Mudd

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by MEGO Kid
                              If that's the plan, we could get a whole line of never produced Star Trek aliens. Ruk, Sarek and Amanda, Harry Mudd
                              Now that is something I would like to see, especially Ruk.

Comment

• nubee
                                Career Member
                                • Feb 15, 2010

I feel the same. It would be nice if the production numbers are provided, but will they?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎