X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Tarzan's Tuesday Showcase

Here is my set of Tarzan original mego's and custom figures.

Tarzan original type-1 with original knife, with repro Kresge card from the toyroom

Tarzan original type-2 with original knife and original window box.

Tarzan custom with custom made loincloth and repro window box.

Tarzan was one of my favorite original WGSH, and I loved all the classic saturday matinee movies especially the Johnny Weissmuller versions.

I am very happy to have these in my collection and just wanted to share with everyone.
    Attached Files
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Nice set! I really like Mego Tarzan. I think he, like Mr, Mxyzptlk, gets an undeserved bad rap.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I really like the Tarzan figure, too. Nice collection.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Nice Tarzan collection. I have always loved the character and the Mego figure. Great memories playing with that figure growing up. I own all 28 films in the Tarzan film series. Like you though my favorite Tarzan is Weissmuller.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Nice collection! I like your custom loincloth Tarzan the best because you can see his muscular build. I never liked the flesh-colored "onesie pajama" outfit that Mego went with. They did the same with their Wonder Woman figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I don't mind the SuperGals, but I thought once Mego went with T2 bodies, Tarzan should have just had the corduroy loincloth without the bodysuit.

And even that doesn't match the box art--it looks much more like DC's Bomba wore.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

*oops, double post*

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Nice set! I really like Mego Tarzan. I think he, like Mr, Mxyzptlk, gets an undeserved bad rap.
                I think Mxyzptlk got a bad wrap because if Superman was to only get one arch villain, most people would think Lex Luthor.

Kind of like if they never made a Joker mego for Batman back in the day.
                Last edited by TrekStar; Aug 18, '21, 6:22 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I don't disagree, but I really like him and always have. I have both versions and spent $$ to put Lili Ledy lavender boots on them .

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I almost forgot to mention that the custom loincloth was curtesy of PNGwynne (Scott) who was kind enough to help me out with it, has a button snap on back and a knife holder to boot.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

My pleasure.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

So nice to see a fellow Tarzan lover. Excellent collection! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎