Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint Off Card: Mego General Ursus (Planet of the Apes)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mint Off Card: Mego General Ursus (Planet of the Apes)

Because you demanded it! Mego Museum Mint Off Card takes a look at General Ursus from the Planet of the Apes. He’s one of the new figures from wave 13. It’s a modern Mego figure but with a classic Mego connection. You can Order the new Mego figures here Check out all the Wave 13…

More...
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I didn't watch the YouTube bit posted here, but have seen still images from online retailers that are/were taking pre-orders for Ursus and I have yet to see any images with any sort of weapon... Does anyone know why he doesn't have a weapon (not even a repro of the M-16)?

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by apes3978
      Does anyone know why he doesn't have a weapon (not even a repro of the M-16)?

Anyone?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i was wondering the same thing. so was Brian, in the video. i seem to recall the Dr saying they would have screen accurate weapons

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

Error figure… shoulder armor looks to be affixed low, closer to the elbow rather than attached to the collar.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

I got mine this week. No weapon unless I somehow missed it when I opened him. Caesar has one.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

I fiendishly relished ripping apart fresh card arrivals last eve… so damn fun to have to new Apes (and monsters) in 2021!

I did get a General that can't stand due to warped rubber boots, but I think a little hot water can fix that. Also great that Ursus and Caesar lend themselves to customizing parts goodness. Deconstruction, dye, and new sculpted bits cometh!

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

A friend of mine gave me the new General Ursus for Christmas. He found it at a Target in the Trumbull, CT area. I was disappointed that the shoulder armor wasn't painted like the other version. Also no weapon? Really? Quite disappointing.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎