Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

it also comes down to long wait times to get any actual product in hand. People are investing a tremendous amount of money up front, for things that won't be in hand for 5-6 months. A lot of people have an issue with that, and it is a legitimate issue

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      it also comes down to long wait times to get any actual product in hand. People are investing a tremendous amount of money up front, for things that won't be in hand for 5-6 months. A lot of people have an issue with that, and it is a legitimate issue
      Yeah, I think that is possibly what's happening here. It's a bit of a law of diminishing returns. I bet sales would actually trend upward when some of the early campaigns arrive. There is a certain psychological aspect to that.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I don't see, barring some announcement from the parties involved, how this ipso facto means certain figures will not be produced.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I don't see, barring some announcement from the parties involved, how this ipso facto means certain figures will not be produced.
          It doesn't, it's just catastrophizing and conjecture. However, in this world, misinformation seems to spread faster than the facts.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            See what all the whining got us?
            You mean a (hopefully) improved sales strategy? You're thinking short term gratification versus long term success.
            The print runs Topps has been posting for new figures isn't very impressive, due in part to people being overwhelmed with product and turned off by excessive shipping cost.

Slowing down the release schedule a bit and addressing the shipping issue will result in people buying MORE figures, not LESS.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              agreed. joel also already stated on Facebook this week that everything that had been put up was going into production.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^And we may still see many more figures, just released differently.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 24, '21, 4:17 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Let me clarify my opinion of some figures not being produced. I am not referring to figures that people have already bought. Joel already said in Facebook that all those will be produced. I was referring to future releases. The Topps deal may only go for a limited time and the figures they are offering are figures that Mego has said wouldn't sell well at mass retail. If Topps offers fewer figures over longer periods of time then when the deal ends there's a lot of figures that we could have had that didn't get produced that Mego won't release at mass retail. Not misinformation just my opinion of what the future could hold by slowing things down.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    Slowing down the release schedule a bit and addressing the shipping issue will result in people buying MORE figures, not LESS.
                    I'm not so sure that's correct. You might think it is, but less available means less sales. I don't think the "shipping issue" is going to change. At least price wise.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

if they adjust the release schedule, and release 4 or 6 or 8 figures at one time, then yes, that will help the shipping issue as you can then order what were multiple weeks of figures and have only one shipping charge. granted they charge $2 more per additional figure, but that is still a lot cheaper than it currently is

Comment

• ToyTalk
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        if they adjust the release schedule, and release 4 or 6 or 8 figures at one time, then yes, that will help the shipping issue as you can then order what were multiple weeks of figures and have only one shipping charge. granted they charge $2 more per additional figure, but that is still a lot cheaper than it currently is
                        That could be done now if they did something like what Big Bad Toy Store does with their "Pile of Loot"
                        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by ToyTalk
                          That could be done now if they did something like what Big Bad Toy Store does with their "Pile of Loot"
                          absolutely. and that may be exactly what they do. People just need to appreciate Mego is listening to fans and looking to make a course correction. it will all work out

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            I'm not so sure that's correct. You might think it is, but less available means less sales. I don't think the "shipping issue" is going to change. At least price wise.
                            Well, the fact that I had to pass on at least six figures that I absolutely would have bought had I been given more than a one week window says otherwise.

I know I'm not alone in that boat.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I think the issue was to much to soon, and of course shipping issues with Canada.

One figure per week or just two per month might have worked better for folks who budget, and for those who don’t have to budget and have bought every figure offered prepaid…congratulations, but don’t get testy because others voice a legitimate concern about it.

Like someone said, Mego is listening to customers concerns and just took a time out to sort everything out.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

My problem is am on a very tight budget so putting aside enough money for 8-10 figures a month plus s/h is not in my budget. If I knew at the beginning of the month the categories that the figures were getting released this month I could have set aside the money for the Hammer Horror set and order all four early Monday morning but because I had no idea (and a death is the family) I could not have placed the order.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎