Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I made the mistake of getting caught up reading the Ambassadors group on Facebook... whoa!

Lots of complaints over the $19.99 price tag on these. So I decided to do a quick perusal of online retailers and their pricing of Megos:

1. Entertainment Earth (A Mego Museum sponsor) is now charging $21.99 for Megos, including already released figures of Batman, Captain Picard and KISS Paul Stanley. 14" Megos are $39.99. Plus shipping.

2. BigBadToyStore is charging $19.99 to $20.99 for a variety of figures, in-stock and pre-order, while some older ones remain at $16.99. 14" Megos are $36.99. Plus shipping.

3. ZLC Collectibles is close to brick & mortar retail, at $16.99 per 8". 14" Megos are $34.99. Plus shipping.

4. AmokTime clocks in at $19.99 for 8" Megos, $37.99 for 14" Mego. Plus shipping.

Dig around and you might some better prices out there.

The point being, Topps $19.99 price tag is not out of the ordinary for an online retailer. I am not knocking or questioning anyone's income or priorities. I would rather continue getting these at $14.99 too. And can I afford them all at $19.99? Nope. I couldn't afford them all at $14.99 either. Such is life. I do think Topps shipping cost is excessive, but as a person who sells on eBay, I know shipping isn't cheap and depending on how these are shipped, and with Topps being a company that deals in low and high end collectibles, I would expect these to be shipped in a very protective manner.

But there seems to be so much negativity around these, the Hasbro Mego Joes, etc., even to the point of so called Mego fans hoping they fail, so Mego "has to" offer them up in a more "traditional" manner... Just. Wow. I guess for The Shazam Family, a DC Comics property, that means at the online retailers above that are charging the same or more as Topps, or at Meijers, since they are the only traditional retailer to carry DC Comics Megos. But logic and facts (and basic reading skills) have nothing against negativity and the Me Me mentality.

Sorry for the rant. I try to stay away from ranting because nothing good ever comes ranting, which is just more negativity, but that waste of time reading those posts just irked me.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Aug 16, '21, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

It's unfortunate that there's so much negativity in something that is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable hobby. It's unbelievable that Mego is back and producing figures most of us have only dreamed about all our lives. Can't understand the negativity.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
        It's unfortunate that there's so much negativity in something that is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable hobby. It's unbelievable that Mego is back and producing figures most of us have only dreamed about all our lives. Can't understand the negativity.
        Yeah, I hadn't counted on it either.

While some complaining and kvetching is perfectly normal and healthy, there is a small contingent of "fans" who just look to find offense or problems in everything. They find no positive ever and it's almost like they're mad at Mego. Oh and if you like the figure? You're in the "Click" or a "Zombie", which is just infantile. You should read some of the comments I get on YouTube, if the Kirk doll makes you angry maybe reevaluate how much pop culture toys play a factor in your life?

It seems like a miserable way to be. I wake up wanting to have a good day.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I can't begin to understand the vitriol either. I don't know about you all, but life throws enough obstacles and problems my way on a daily basis. I don't need to get angry over dolls, it's a simple as that.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

I never understand how people can be so negative about toys... especially for the fact that they are mad about too many options lol

If you don't like the price or the toy, then simply don't buy it. No one is forcing anyone. Mego toys may be the only action figure I can think of with the amount of articulation AND cloth goods for under $20.

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

I’ll pass on these guys. They’re just too similar to the Mattel ones I already have. Price point is fine. Hope the coming weeks bring something I am interested in, but if not, I promise I won’t become vitriolic. I’ll just pour quietly in the corner.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
                I’ll pass on these guys. They’re just too similar to the Mattel ones I already have. Price point is fine. Hope the coming weeks bring something I am interested in, but if not, I promise I won’t become vitriolic. I’ll just pour quietly in the corner.
                Im sure there will be something you will find! Like I said earlier I believe that next week will move on to another big property like Trek or POTA.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

My life is much better without being on FB. Super negative and even though here is the option to block, it just leaves a bad energy all around so better to avoid and just be here and be with folks that do appreciate this new Mego movement. I'm enjoying Insta to see all the posts and videos. In regards to the price point, I think it's fair. I've been paying more for custom art pieces that are so worth it and to get something I really will enjoy is worth the price.

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

I’m not interested in this week’s figure but I suspect there will be something for me eventually. I do have a couple of questions

1. Can you order more than one of a particular figure?

2. Is the $16.99 shipping charge for one figure?

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by phil
                      I’m not interested in this week’s figure but I suspect there will be something for me eventually. I do have a couple of questions

1. Can you order more than one of a particular figure?

2. Is the $16.99 shipping charge for one figure?
                      1. You can order 2 of an item so for example... you can order 2 Shazams and 2 Black Adams.

2. Shipping is $12 for economy and is for the entire order, not per figure.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

^Thats a better answer than I gave.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                          1. You can order 2 of an item so for example... you can order 2 Shazams and 2 Black Adams.

2. Shipping is $12 for economy and is for the entire order, not per figure.
                          Correction.
                          It is $12 shipping for two figures. It is $14 shipping for three figures. It is $16 shipping for four figures.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            Correction.
                            It is $12 shipping for two figures. It is $14 shipping for three figures. It is $16 shipping for four figures.
                            Oh interesting I didn't notice that odd tidbit.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Bleeding Cool has put up a story about the Topps Exclusive figures being offered...

https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...-mego-figures/

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

Thank you everyone for the information.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡