X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
    Does anyone know how long it is supposed to take until we actually receive the figures?
    x+y+z+T+U=time until you get the figures.

Where x = manufacturing and production time with all the Covid related production backlogs, labor shortages, and over-commitment by factories in accepting orders factored in

y=shipping time from China to US via cargo vessels with all current port and customs delays related to Covid factored in

z=shipping time via trucks from port of arrival to Topps distribution center, again with all the Covid related delays due to labor shortages and such factored in

T=turnaround time at Topps distribution center from the time they receive the merchandise until they can have it packaged and ready to ship to end customers

and

U=time it takes the USPS to receive, process and deliver the package to the end customer. Since 2 day priority is now running 3-5 days and the holiday volume boom is coming as labor force is shrinking, this will get longer before it gets shorter, unless they go with UPS or Fed E, which also have holiday volume and workforce shortages to deal with

since the current situation of global shipping is a nightmare mess and none of those variables can be predicted with any degree of accuracy, any estimate you make/get is likely to be very wrong. This is the world we currently live in and expectations need to account for all of that. I would guess not soon is the best you can accurately estimate at this point.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Oct 14, '21, 12:49 PM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I hate to say this, but because of the time span between ordering the figures from the Topps website and actually getting it, plus the fact, factory production is slower due to covid situations, I wouldn’t be surprised if some orders are canceled with an apology and your credit cards refunded because not enough figures were actually put into production or you will receive a note stating your order is taking longer than expected, we will keep you updated on your order please be patient.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen, I’m just saying you might want to keep it in mind.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I'm sure Mego will manufacture all the figures Topps has offered so far. I don't know why people are so worried. Mego has made a ton of figures so far and don't seem like they are going to slow down any time soon. They have the production process down pretty good and have been cranking out figures so that people were complaining that too many were being made too fast. I just don't understand the angst people are feeling.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Well due to what happened last week I cannot afford to purchase the Hammer Figures so I will have to pick them up later down the line when (or if) they become available for second time around.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Topps figures already up this morning. More Hammer awesomeness. Herbert Lom Phantom and Zombie from Plague of the Zombies.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

As I can't buy Topps if I wanted to because I'm Canadian, I hope they go deep into the Hammer characters as I know there are hardcore fans who'd love it and because I'm not a fan and can miss them all without care.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Wow, Hammer run!… I'm resisting, but by all means this is supercoolness-O-rama. Halloween on!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

The Mummy is sort of hard to find on the site right now but here he is. You have to search, still a couple of hours to bundle all four Hammer figures together.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Dang, wish I had been able to combine shipping on last weeks' Hammers with this set. I guess I could cancel and reorder and add the two new ones...but Topps site is a bit dodgy, and I'm not sure I trust it enough to cancel anything. I guess I can swallow another $12 for these. They look great!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Canadian friends, another alternative to the dreary Topps Shipping charges. My neighbour swears by this service and they ship it right to you:
                      Shop US websites & ship internationally with reduced shipping rates. Ship packages from popular stores. Get a free 30-day Premium Membership today!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I did a double take on the Zombie sculpt. At first glance I thought it was a repainted Barnabus.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          I did a double take on the Zombie sculpt. At first glance I thought it was a repainted Barnabus.
                          My buddy Sean did it.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                            Now that would have been a crazy recycling move. Better than the Romulan as disco Dracula and Invisible Al Bundy/Lt. Leslie

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

Hey Mego Mates, how does one tell how many of the figures have been ordered, if there is a way to tell? Thanks.

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

Both figures look great. Not super interested in the characters. Probably wait to see if next week’s are ones I want before I decide if I will order.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎