X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by enyawd72
    Well, they got me. No friggin way I'm not getting both of those.

Just ordered four of each. I'm so weak.
    LOL. Yeah. They keep hammering out those Trek, Apes, and Horror, and I’ll keep buying.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Well, they got me. No friggin way I'm not getting both of those.

Just ordered four of each. I'm so weak.
      So, are you officially back in?

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Here it is, my Topps conundrum. I'm on a budget of no more than two figures a month.

In August, I had to cheat because I ordered the TOS figures and Taylor showed up a week later. I had to pass on Zira which sucked but I'll live. In September, Brent and Mutant were a no-brainer.

If I order both of these, I could potentially miss more Apes. There is no way I'm passing on that Mummy but the Gorgon is a tough one for me because it will break my streak of Hammer. If I pass on her and nothing I'm interested in is offered for the month, I would have done it for nothing.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this or anything, it's an embarrassment of riches, I just hate making this kind of decision.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
          Here it is, my Topps conundrum. I'm on a budget of no more than two figures a month.

In August, I had to cheat because I ordered the TOS figures and Taylor showed up a week later. I had to pass on Zira which sucked but I'll live. In September, Brent and Mutant were a no-brainer.

If I order both of these, I could potentially miss more Apes. There is no way I'm passing on that Mummy but the Gorgon is a tough one for me because it will break my streak of Hammer. If I pass on her and nothing I'm interested in is offered for the month, I would have done it for nothing.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this or anything, it's an embarrassment of richs but it's a total gamble.
          Similar situation here. I really only want the Mummy, but it just ends up crossing the line price wise of what I'd budget out for these sorts of things. In this instance, I actually wish I did want both figures, because that would soften the blow a bit.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I have been very picky with Trek, and I'm not an Apes guy, so I've only gone in for the Topps DC offerings so far. Any Hammer offerings will get my money.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this or anything, it's an embarrassment of riches, I just hate making this kind of decision.
              The shipping is the killer. If Topps got a smidge closer to the retail prices of Mego figures, and got their shipping prices down to a more reasonable cost, I think they’d see better sales.

$50 or more for two figures 4 times a month is going to severely limit how much of this niche product they can sell to a fairly limited consumer base.

I like the idea behind what Mego and Topps are doing, but the execution so far really hasn’t panned out as well as I’m sure they were hoping. Hopefully as time goes on, they’ll find a sweet spot for collectors.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Brian, as a thank you for running this asylum, I will send you one of my Gorgon figures. You've earned it.

Comment

• Spectator
                  Museum Patron
                  • Feb 4, 2019

Brian, as a thank you for running this asylum, I will send you one of my Gorgon figures. You've earned it.
                  To add a function this forum doesn't have...

That's the way to do it, enyawd72!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

Nothing here for me this week again, but I'm glad others are excited about it. There's all this fantastic amount of choice now. Oh and my wallet is thanking me for a few weeks off, so that's something.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

that's awesome of you Dwayne.

another pass for me this week but I am glad for the people who have been waiting on these

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Really like the Gorgon. Honestly, makes me smile that they considered such a figure. The film is, "Oh, what could have been."

Just watched The Mummy today, a favorite, and IMO the fig's a bit overworked.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 11, '21, 7:19 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Two really good figures offered this week, I’ve always wanted a Hammer Mummy, the Distinctive Dummies one is hard to find and expensive.

I have never ordered from Topps, this might have been my first time, BUT……why did they include the bullet holes?

I’m sure some think it’s a pretty cool addition, but for me, I personally would have preferred the complete mummy wraps no holes.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Two really good figures offered this week, I’ve always wanted a Hammer Mummy, the Distinctive Dummies one is hard to find and expensive.

I have never ordered from Topps, this might have been my first time, BUT……why did they include the bullet holes?

I’m sure some think it’s a pretty cool addition, but for me, I personally would have preferred the complete mummy wraps no holes.
                            If this one sells well enough, they might release one without bullet holes in a wide release regular wave. You could always get this figure and put the head on one of the other mummies.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Just watched The Mummy today, a favorite, and IMO the fig's a bit overworked.
                              Don't forget this is just the prototype. The actual released figure might not be as overworked.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

That's the rub, I'd prefer a simpler wide release. But what if there never is one!?
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎