Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I actually had them in my cart at 11:55 AM EDT. Then I waited about twenty minutes because I didn't have access to the credit card I wanted to use, but it all went pretty quickly.

$14 for three figures shipped did throw me for a little loop though, but the 10% off helped this time

Comment

• toyman
      Just Another Collector
      • Sep 1, 2008

It took me a while as well, I had opened an account but had to do it again. Yeah $12 shipping is excessive but I guess its all in what you compare it to.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

I really wanted to get these two figures. I created an account, added them to my cart and attempted to “checkout” only to discover in addition to the $40 for two figures, because of the fact I live in Canada I would have to add an additional $70 for economy shipping. I had to back out. As much as I want to support this initiative and love collecting Mego figures, the shipping was way too much. I put less shipping for eBay items and those rates are through the roof to begin with.
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
          I really wanted to get these two figures. I created an account, added them to my cart and attempted to “checkout” only to discover in addition to the $40 for two figures, because of the fact I live in Canada I would have to add an additional $70 for economy shipping. I had to back out. As much as I want to support this initiative and love collecting Mego figures, the shipping was way too much. I put less shipping for eBay items and those rates are through the roof to begin with.
          If you can figure out the process for someone like myself to ship to you without it being as much I can try to snag the two figures for you to help!

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

it was a little hard at first to figure out that you had to create an account, then use an email link then add to cart, then verify you are not a robot lol but got them ordered. This will a nice thing to look forward to every week, shipping is a bit excessive though. So Black Adam's ears are not pointy?( I don't think they are anymore in the comics) and will these be mass retail too? The Shazam Family is pretty popular.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
              Museum Patron
              • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by powersthatbe
              So Black Adam's ears are not pointy?
              They look pointy in the pics to me.

Theyyyyyyy also look like the exact same outfits the Mattel Retro Action Heroes had back in 2008.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
                They look pointy in the pics to me.

Theyyyyyyy also look like the exact same outfits the Mattel Retro Action Heroes had back in 2008.
                They are. I'm not sure they will be on the final product.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

it was a little hard at first to figure out that you had to create an account, then use an email link then add to cart, then verify you are not a robot lol but got them ordered. This will a nice thing to look forward to every week, shipping is a bit excessive though. So Black Adam's ears are not pointy?( I don't think they are anymore in the comics) and will these be mass retail too? The Shazam Family is pretty popular.
                  Im assuming this is to tie into the upcoming movie which is smart. DC has a few big movies lined up for 2022 so hoping that helps with sales.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Happy for my American friends. Hoping Canada will have an order option in the near future. Looking forward to seeing who’s next
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Of course his ears are pointy! So much so, they’ll cut your fingers!!
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        Of course his ears are pointy! So much so, they’ll cut your fingers!!
                        Thank goodness. :-)

Just registered and ordered, went pretty smoothly albeit with a slight delay. Reading this thread helped, thanks all.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
                          • Jul 5, 2019

Not thrilled at all... the Mattel ones, I thought, look a lot nicer. Not digging the $5 increase but maybe thats across the board for Megos? Glad those who are happy are happy. Hopefully next Monday brings a little more excitement.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

So Black Adam's ears are not pointy?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

Are these pictures prototypes or the finished product? Are the heads painted?

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                                Are these pictures prototypes or the finished product? Are the heads painted?
                                They are painted prototypes.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎