Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

My only issue is the shipping to Canada. I love all the figures and wish I could collect them all. However, as many have pointed out, this is near impossible when shipping rates to Canada are so high. Has anyone heard when and if this will be addressed?
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
      My only issue is the shipping to Canada. I love all the figures and wish I could collect them all. However, as many have pointed out, this is near impossible when shipping rates to Canada are so high. Has anyone heard when and if this will be addressed?
      I saw on Ebay there were some of the figures being resold for "decent" prices and free shipping to Canada. I say decent because it's still double the price but less than the shipping alone lol. I have some extras I probably won't keep and can sell to you at cost + normal shipping if it comes down to it.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
        I don't think they will change their shipping prices. If they were going to, they would have already. Canadians should get together with an American and do a group thing. One person could help out four Canadians with the weekly offerings, maybe even five, if they don't want to get the particular figures.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
          The Canada shipping issue is most certainly valid and one I think that should be fixed ASAP but I can't deal with the criticisms on Ambassadors anymore. Everyday it is a new issue that people are mad about and I can't fathom how people can be so negative.
          The international ambassadors Facebook groups are fine and will get you the same announcements as the main group that's chock full of *******s right now - which is a cyclical thing. I took a break from the larger group and am glad I did based on what people have shared with me the past few weeks. Join the Canada or UK versions and enjoy the civility.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            The international ambassadors Facebook groups are fine and will get you the same announcements as the main group that's chock full of *******s right now - which is a cyclical thing. I took a break from the larger group and am glad I did based on what people have shared with me the past few weeks. Join the Canada or UK versions and enjoy the civility.
            Ironic that the Canada group is better given that they have legitimate reasons to be frustrated. Someone was in the group today ranting because they didn't "get warning" of Topps or their exclusive figures and they missed out on Taylor. I've seen the Topps announcements everywhere! Alas it is what it is I guess.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Oh no, not Taylor. Because making a custom version is insurmountable.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

It's 'cause we're soooo polite
                Ironic that the Canada group is better given that they have legitimate reasons to be frustrated. Someone was in the group today ranting because they didn't "get warning" of Topps or their exclusive figures and they missed out on Taylor. I've seen the Topps announcements everywhere! Alas it is what it is I guess.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2008

I heard this in the voice of Sally Struthers, "One person could help out four Canadians with weekly offerings, maybe even five." Thing is I'd feel bad for the person stuck re-shipping it all, that's a drag.
                  Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  I don't think they will change their shipping prices. If they were going to, they would have already. Canadians should get together with an American and do a group thing. One person could help out four Canadians with the weekly offerings, maybe even five, if they don't want to get the particular figures.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

The Canada shipping issue is most certainly valid and one I think that should be fixed ASAP but I can't deal with the criticisms on Ambassadors anymore. Everyday it is a new issue that people are mad about and I can't fathom how people can be so negative.
                    It's Facebook. Which means it's the absolute dumbest folks in society in a venue that they think allows them to behave as though they're beyond repute. A festering cesspool of the worst people with the worst instincts. These people are drinking bleach and raging about everything.

If you made a Facebook group about giving away $20 for every positive comment you got on your post, half the posts would still be people complaining you're not giving away $50 and the other half would be complaining how your $20 ruined their lives.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

As the moderator of comments on FB, there is a minority of people who only post to be as negative as possible. Week in, week out. All the Toy Companies are "the enemy" and honestly, they're completely miserable. They blame Mego, FTC for their unhappiness. The problem is, nothing pleases them, ever. Also, anyone who honestly likes the toys is labelled "Brain Washed Zombies" to be mocked.

I remember when collecting Hasbro Power of the Force figures was making me miserable, I moved on to other things that made me happy. Problem solved, I don't miss it. I don't get some of these people and their venom.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ToyTalk
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by palitoy
                        As the moderator of comments on FB, there is a minority of people who only post to be as negative as possible. Week in, week out. All the Toy Companies are "the enemy" and honestly, they're completely miserable. They blame Mego, FTC for their unhappiness. The problem is, nothing pleases them, ever. Also, anyone who honestly likes the toys is labelled "Brain Washed Zombies" to be mocked.

I remember when collecting Hasbro Power of the Force figures was making me miserable, I moved on to other things that made me happy. Problem solved, I don't miss it. I don't get some of these people and their venom.
                        This is one of the best times EVER to be a Mego collector. There are so many options out there and so many figures being made.
                        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          It's Facebook. Which means it's the absolute dumbest folks in society in a venue that they think allows them to behave as though they're beyond repute. A festering cesspool of the worst people with the worst instincts. These people are drinking bleach and raging about everything.

If you made a Facebook group about giving away $20 for every positive comment you got on your post, half the posts would still be people complaining you're not giving away $50 and the other half would be complaining how your $20 ruined their lives.
                          Twitter is even worse!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                            It's Facebook...If you made a Facebook group about giving away $20 for every positive comment you got on your post, half the posts would still be people complaining you're not giving away $50 and the other half would be complaining how your $20 ruined their lives.
                            Oh, I rather like that, may I plagiarize?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i don't understand the constant complainers either. or the ones who are quitting collecting because they don't like the availability of this or that. if toys get you that upset, you should quit collecting. some people really need to relax and take it down a few notches

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

I’m not on Facebook never was and never will be, I only hear negative things about it.

It sounds like these people live their lives being uptight and insecure and need to vent and find fault with anyone and anything, like the saying goes, misery loves company. Supposedly grown adults venting over dolls.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎