X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by danadoll
    Hey Mego Mates, how does one tell how many of the figures have been ordered, if there is a way to tell? Thanks.

Dana
    The Topps Mego archive has the figures listed with the production numbers.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

wow, Gorgon was under 1000. i wonder what their threshold is for producing these

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I did my part for Gorgon. Very excited for Hammer Phantom and Zombie. They are going fairly deep--might we see Baron Meister or Mocata? Thrice-blessed to get a Charles Gray action figure!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I'll pass this week. I admit I am not familiar with the Hammer films except for Lee and Cushing. Also does The Gorgon hair have snakes like the Greek myth? that is why I bought it lol I can't really see in the pics if it is.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I am very pleased to see how deep they are going with the Hammer offerings. Surely Ingrid Pitt's Carmilla Karnstein, Ursula Andress' She and Raquel Welch's Loana can't be far behind. These three ladies would definitely need the new female body though. Powersthatbe ... Gorgon does have snakes in her hair.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Since I am on a tight budget every month I have decided to pass of all Topps figures. I am hoping that these are treated like a "Kick-Starter" figures to let Mego know what sold and to see if it warrants a broader release through Wal-Mart. Target or other on-line stores.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I took a look and noticed that 5 figures max per order and sold out, so does this mean people are scooping these up and in about 3 months or so we will see these offered on ebay for two or three times the price? Although if free shipping is offered, maybe the folks in Canada could be possibly getting a deal out of it?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  I took a look and noticed that 5 figures max per order and sold out, so does this mean people are scooping these up and in about 3 months or so we will see these offered on ebay for two or three times the price? Although if free shipping is offered, maybe the folks in Canada could be possibly getting a deal out of it?
                  They don’t actually sell out. Topps will take as many orders as they get and then that amount of figures will be produced. I mean, they’ll likely make a few extra in case any are damaged.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

I am happy to see they are making the Hammer Phantom of the Opera... I only wish they also made his arch nemesis, Lord Ambrose d'Arcy. He was the true villain of that film. While they are at it, they could also use the Michael Gough sculpt to make an Arthur Holmwood figure to go with their Hammer Dracula line.
                    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

The clothes on the Hammer Phantom figure would work well for a Peter Cushing Baron Frankenstein Kitbash.
                      Last edited by phil; Oct 20, '21, 9:11 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        They don’t actually sell out. Topps will take as many orders as they get and then that amount of figures will be produced. I mean, they’ll likely make a few extra in case any are damaged.
                        I checked for these on ebay, the selling prices are already ridiculously outrageous and they all say pre-ordered items, but you probably knew it would be.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Just saw Joel Posted this on the Ambassadors page...

After many, many comments and concerns about our Mego Monday releases and much internal review, we are pausing the release of new figures, to address how best to optimize our DTC program going forward…stay tuned!

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Wow. Honestly--and I in no way mean to sound like a jerk, though I will admit to selfishness--I'm relieved.

I'll give Mego credit, they seem to be responsive to their market.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Its great that they listen to their customers like this. I personally think two figures weekly may have been a tad too aggressive, but I appreciated the variety. I hope they find another way to give us these figures that may not be feasible at retail.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                                Micronaut Nut!
                                • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                The Topps Mego archive has the figures listed with the production numbers.
                                https://www.topps.com/archive.html?p...zNAmWjcnBszQnR
                                Are we talking Print Run, Lonnie (and thank you)? The Gorgon PR is at 1313 currently. I ordered two of her, I thought she looked cool.

Dana
                                Last edited by danadoll; Oct 23, '21, 11:20 AM.
                                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎