Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I ordered two as well, I want that dress for Morgan Le fay.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by danadoll
      Are we talking Print Run, Lonnie (and thank you)? The Gorgon PR is at 1313 currently. I ordered two of her, I thought she looked cool.

Dana
      They say "print run" because they are used to printing cards. In manufacturing, it's really "production run", because action figures are not "printed". I think the numbers go up because they list the number of customers ordering the figures at first, then adjust the numbers adding the multiple figures ordered by the by those customers.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Its great that they listen to their customers like this. I personally think two figures weekly may have been a tad too aggressive, but I appreciated the variety. I hope they find another way to give us these figures that may not be feasible at retail.

Chris
        agreed. it was getting too costly. maybe a better option would be to list 8 at a time, for a month and let people order. would save on shipping. or just do 2 figures a month

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

They're taking a break this week to review the process.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            ... or just do 2 figures a month
            I'd like that, I'd order nearly every release at that schedule.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

I’m very disappointed as the only current Megos I am collecting are DC and we only got two DC figures.

I’m happy Mego listens to their fans and I hope they find an even solution. Scraping the whole concept just because people complained they were too expensive is pretty lame. There is a difference between having an option to purchase and not having the figures at all.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                I’m very disappointed as the only current Megos I am collecting are DC and we only got two DC figures.

I’m happy Mego listens to their fans and I hope they find an even solution. Scraping the whole concept just because people complained they were too expensive is pretty lame. There is a difference between having an option to purchase and not having the figures at all.
                Weren't there four DC? Shaz, Adam, Arrow, and Ra's

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                  Scraping the whole concept just because people complained they were too expensive is pretty lame.
                  Who said that?

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that there are more reasons other than folks saying things are too expensive, and it does not seem to me that they would be scrapping the concept. I would guess we see these Topps figures return in some form, but maybe not the two per week hectic schedule that happened over the past months. Right now there are 20 figures offered. That is a couple of waves of product distributed in the traditional manner. Heroes, Apes, Trek, and Hammer. Not too shabby.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I'd like that, I'd order nearly every release at that schedule.
                      Agreed. I think 8 a month at $20 a pop plus another $10 in shipping is a bit much in the current economic climate.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

See what all the whining got us?

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

It's not scrapped, I think it's actually a positive thing, they're listening to criticism from fans and seeing how to make it better.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I think it was fine the way it was. I don't see how it could get better. All the changes people are suggesting mean less figures or longer waiting time to get them. Complaints about shipping cost should be taken up with the shipping companies, not Mego or Topps.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

I completely agree Lonnie. Less figures and longer wait times is probably going to mean that a lot of figures we could have had will now never get made. I also agree Brian that Mego listening to criticism from fans is a positive thing. For some of us though like LonnieFisher and myself that liked having the new figures every Monday it's disappointing to see that go away.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                I think it was fine the way it was. I don't see how it could get better. All the changes people are suggesting mean less figures or longer waiting time to get them. Complaints about shipping cost should be taken up with the shipping companies, not Mego or Topps.
                                So the two companies that are doing these exclusives have nothing to do with the shipping carrier and cost?
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎