Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

I really didn't think the numbers of the Topps Mego would be so low. The collector kraziness in me feel like I should keep them MIB instead of taking 'em out I am planning to replace the body with a Type S too.

I was hoping for Justice Society or All Star Squadron for this Monday but Ras and Green Arrow are nice. Still deciding on if I should buy 'em.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i think the Green Arrow looks really great. hopefully the final product will have more of a muted green than that bright green. either way i am going to pass on these. i am running out of display space. i think i am going to just stick to TOS Trek, and Apes. Unless something really jumps out at me from one of the other lines

Comment

• nubee
        Career Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

I would absolutely be thrilled if Dr. Erasmus Craven, Dr. Bedlo and Dr. Scarabus from the RAVEN were offered.

Originally posted by imlaughing2death
        Man, STILL no monsters yet? Maybe they're waiting for it to get closer to Halloween season or something.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
          Yes, THIS, I remember having a conversation with someone who worked in the licensing department at Universal, and the numbers for a lot of this stuff (including DVDs) would shock a lot of people.
          I was honestly impressed how high the numbers were.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ToyTalk
            Career Member
            • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Probably in four months for the first ones offered. The site says 90 to 100 business days and the first ones were sold about a month ago. It's a long wait, but not that surprising since they aren't being manufactured until after they are offered.
            Thanks Lonnie.
            Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

I am hoping Arrow will be on the new bandless body! Also looks like Ras may be on a Trek body?

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Nice offering this week, both GREAT looking figures! Couldn't get Em' both and I already have two repro Green Arrows...So I pulled the trigger on Ra's without hesitation! Much better Ra's than FTC...for one, he doesn't have then GIANT head! Plus, definitely reminds me of Neal Adams BATMAN era. Glad I waited and never bought the FTC version.
                sigpic

Comment

• mego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 16, 2012

I’m blown away by that Ras Al Ghul sculpt. Bravo.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

I'm hoping the next DC offering is Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn... I think it would be fitting to put them together!

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

These Monday releases have been amazing!
                      I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have gotten Ra's Al Ghul at retail, but make perfect sense for a limited run.
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• shazam7208
                        Career Member
                        • Oct 28, 2008

So glad they are doing a Green Arrow, Liking the hood.

I really hope that Mego ends up doing an Arrow / Stephen Amell version at some point.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Fun reveal, possible purchase.

It occurs to me, though, that Mego Corp. should look to its vintage predecessor for costuming notes. Vintage Mego, from Nurse Dinah-Mite to Dracula, from King Arthur through WGSH, knew how to fit capes better to a small figure. Darts are your friend. Pleats, too. The capes on Ra's and Hammer Dracula have not served the figures--or the collector--very well IMO.

Of course, it may be that I'm still just crabby after The Red Death's and The Reptile's clothes. At any rate, we usually saw better tailoring and detailing on the earlier Target figures. I think the Topps releases should strive for that, too.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I got my wish on hooded Green Arrow but don't care for Ras Al Ghul. I hope they go back to POA, StarTrek NG,DS-9 and 14'' so I can save money .I am only in these for DC heroes and some Star Trek original series. The others are nice but not needed for me

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Until the shipping to Canada is lowered, I'm actually hoping for figures that i can live without. Kor and TMP Spock are must-haves for me, but last two Monday's I can pass on which is a nice change for my wallet and I. The last wave's stellar line up really hit my wallet hard.

Until we get thru x-mas season, I'm being fussy.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 23, 2008

The Canada shipping issue is most certainly valid and one I think that should be fixed ASAP but I can't deal with the criticisms on Ambassadors anymore. Everyday it is a new issue that people are mad about and I can't fathom how people can be so negative.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎