Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceAgent
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 21, 2009

I'm absolutely thrilled at this week's offering. I love Deep Space Nine - it's probably my favorite Trek. I hope we can get more DS9 as time goes on. There is a very active DS9 fanbase, and I hope they will find their way to these.

BTW, Quark is one figure that was never made in this format. Sisko was done in the Playmates 9" style in the 90s, as was most of the crew, but Quark, for whatever reason, was not.

I've seen a few people mention that Sisko should be in his gray uniform and that would make a great variant, if/when this figure comes out in a regular assortment.

Bravo, Mego, DS9 figures were long overdue!

Comment

• newlyknighted
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 21, 2010

DS9! I am pumped for these two! I hope they make the entire crew! And various aliens! Can the Jem'Hadar be very far behind?
      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

I am hoping we get DC again next week... wondering who the next DC offerings will be? Hopefully Green Arrow, Aquaman, Manta, Two-Face or Nightwing

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

If it's DC I am hoping for the All-Star Squadron members. But, this would mite agitate our Canadian collectors and I wouldn't blame 'em.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Easy pass for me this week. But still happy for those getting figures they want...and the fact that I get a week off from spending $$$$$$$$$$$.
            sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I think next week will be horror figures. Just my opinion. I'm surprised they did two Trek offerings so close together.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

had they done something different this week, like the horror wave we were expecting, and then done the DS9 set next week, i probably would have ordered them. but after 2 consecutive weeks of ordering Trek and then Apes, i could not do another order.

so now missing these first 2, i would not order future waves of DS9. which is probably for the best for my wallet, and display space, LOL

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

Shazam and Black Adam are all I'm getting right now. The other figures are nice but easy pass . I don't wan't a bunch of mini orders(1 week apart) with high shipping, when BBTS and others combine shipping. Are there enough DS9 fans to produce these, or do they need sell a certain number of them ?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

The only way I would part with the more than $100 it will cost me for two Topps figures (including shipping to Canada) would be if one of the weekly offerings were Paul Kersey and Ames Jainchill from the original 'Death Wish' movie.
                    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

The Topps website has an archive of all the figures, which is nice to see the pictures again: https://www.topps.com/archive/mego-archive.html

It also includes the print-run (PR) for each figure to see how many were ordered. Looks like these will be pretty rare. I assume the numbers are large enough to not cancel the figures. It will be interesting to see if the numbers go up with the maximum limit raised to 5.
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

From what I'm understanding those numbers are not accurate. The folks at Mego seem quite confused by them.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Seems like some of those numbers would not be enough to get the figure produced. I wonder what the real numbers are.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            Seems like some of those numbers would not be enough to get the figure produced. I wonder what the real numbers are.
                            Hopefully enough to get them made. I'd much rather have the figures than the money back
                            Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• nubee
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                              From what I'm understanding those numbers are not accurate. The folks at Mego seem quite confused by them.
                              Will Mego provide us the real numbers?

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by nubee
                                Will Mego provide us the real numbers?
                                I don't know, I also don't know why we would need them.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎