X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
    Do you think we will see a mass-market release of Taylor (perhaps in his spacesuit)? This seems a highly-sought after character to make an exclusive...
    I don't have any special insight but a space suit Taylor seems like a logical figure to be sold in the mass retailers.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Neat Taylor. I do wish they had something better to show than a rough head sculpt. It comes off kinda shoddy even if it's the best they can do. Looks like a custom and I'm sure some people won't order it based on that.

I don't know what the solution is for that since they probably don't have digital renders.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i would really like the Taylor, but don't care about adding yet another Zira, if we knew she would be on the new body i might consider it. plus it's getting too pricey to order these every week. i would imagine most of them will arrive from china at the same time, so Topps should bundle the shipping

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

The Taylor figure looks awesome. Love the head sculpt and the rifle. Glad to see Zira reissued too. Man... if the last three weeks is any indication of what's to come my wallet is in trouble. I've ordered them all so far. Really hope to see Nova and Aldo soon.

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

I am glad I am not a POTA fan. Like TRDouble stated, "Whew." I could save myself some $$$. I already ordered 2 Captain Marvel, Black Adam and Kor. A space suit Taylor should be mass released. Give our Canadian and out of country collectors an opportunity to score Taylor. Mego and Topps really need to do something about the shipping so out fellow collectors don't get price gouged.
            Last edited by nubee; Aug 30, '21, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I had a strange feeling Zira would be this week.

Does anyone know if Taylor’s collar is part of the headsculpt or just a piece of fabric?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by phil
                I had a strange feeling Zira would be this week.

Does anyone know if Taylor’s collar is part of the headsculpt or just a piece of fabric?
                I'm sure it's fabric. That way they can repurpose the sculpt.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  I'm sure it's fabric. That way they can repurpose the sculpt.
                  I didn’t think of that but it seems reasonable.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Taylor looks good and now Cornelius has Zira as it should be, a nice daily double Monday.

Comment

• apenutncc1701
                      • Aug 9, 2009

Not only is it hard to order these figures in such a short amount of time if you are watching your budget like me, but just think how much they will be on ebay after they are released!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by apenutncc1701
                        Not only is it hard to order these figures in such a short amount of time if you are watching your budget like me, but just think how much they will be on ebay after they are released!
                        Gad, tell me about it.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                          • Dec 5, 2019

I ordered Taylor and Zira, as well as Spock and Kor last week. I wanted to get Shazam (*Cough* Captain Marvel *Cough*) and Black Adam, but I realized right away that this would get very expensive very quickly, and had to draw a line at Star Trek and Planet of the Apes. I'll regret not getting the superheroes later, but the dog hasn't dug up any gold nuggets in the back yard, so I can only afford so much.

James
                          Last edited by tatsunokofan; Aug 30, '21, 9:49 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• JamesB.
                            • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Taylor looks good and now Cornelius has Zira as it should be, a nice daily double Monday.
                            But Zira SHOULD have been sold at regular retail, not as an exclusive like this. She is a MAIN character.
                            Last edited by JamesB.; Aug 30, '21, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• JamesB.
                              • Dec 15, 2013

I thought last week's STAR TREK releases would be up on the TOPPS site until tonight. Not so. Due to a workplace situation, I wasn't able to check the site earlier today. Now I missed out getting the Spock MOTION PICTURE figure. Uggh.

Like some others have said, we may not have the money at a specific time, or life might get in the way and we may not get our orders in on time. This is not nice at all. I am very ticked off right now.
                              Last edited by JamesB.; Aug 30, '21, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JamesB.
                                But Zira SHOULD have been sold at regular retail, not as an exclusive like this. She is a MAIN character.
                                So is Taylor, he's the main character of the movie
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎