Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

Worf and the Borg Queen are up. Topps got me again.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

I want both but only ended up getting Borg Queen today. I have been needing a White body for a while for a custom of mine and I am hoping she will be on the new body.

Depending on who will be next week I may also get Worf. I told myself I was done Star Trek collecting but I do love TNG.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
        Worf and the Borg Queen are up. Topps got me again.
        They are killing me. I mean, awesome figures, but still...

Hopefully October will start a monster run and my wallet can get a rest.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 25, 2018

I'm actually getting a little nervous that October will be mostly, if not all monsters. My wallet my not survive lol.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
            I'm actually getting a little nervous that October will be mostly, if not all monsters. My wallet my not survive lol.
            I don't thinkt there will be many monsters. Monsters seem to sell the best at retail and they take up the most spots in a wave. There also isn't THAT many monsters that they have left to do. Star Trek and DC have endless amounts of characters for them to get into.

People are upset that Worf is an exclusive but Picard and Data were shelf-warmers for the most part so it makes sense that they are using Topps to get out these characters.

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Worf's uniform looks like its using yellow & black fabric stitched together instead of a printed suit, which I think is awesome! The printed black never seems to work well, so this would be a great improvement. I know its only a prototype and can change, but I hope this is the direction Mego is taking.

The Borg Queen's neck doesn't look like Mego. I'm guessing the final figure will look quite different from the prototype.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I've been breathing a sigh of relief, with every Topps Monday, because they're nothing I want.. Whew!...LOL! I am glad I find monsters to my liking in the regular Mego waves, though (and they're not breaking my wallet).

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Worf looks smashing, I don't collect TNG but when I got the photos today I noticed how nice he was.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Mego has really been producing great figures. So glad Star Trek isn’t my thing.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                      They are killing me. I mean, awesome figures, but still...

Hopefully October will start a monster run and my wallet can get a rest.
                      Same, but a I agree with the other Jrfjr126rock that Mego doesn't need monsters on Topps; we'll see them if Topps demands it though. I was hoping for a break, but Worf...

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                      I don't thinkt there will be many monsters. Monsters seem to sell the best at retail and they take up the most spots in a wave. There also isn't THAT many monsters that they have left to do. Star Trek and DC have endless amounts of characters for them to get into.

People are upset that Worf is an exclusive but Picard and Data were shelf-warmers for the most part so it makes sense that they are using Topps to get out these characters.
                      That's a good point. And we haven't seen what Geordi and Riker will do at retail (the best argument for Worf being at retail is that those two are), but if Pickard is a peg warmer, I would not expect any other TNG to sell better. We shall see.

I'm not sure I am in for the Borg Queen, but ordering only on figure is such bad value with shipping.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                        I want both but only ended up getting Borg Queen today. I have been needing a White body for a while for a custom of mine and I am hoping she will be on the new body.

I suspect a black body, at least partially. And if it is white, it won't be for long in a black costume.

I like both of them but I don't collect TNG.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

I haven't been able to purchase any of the Topps Mego figures because I live in Canada and it is too expensive to ship them here. I am very disappointed Worf has been released in this format because I was looking forward to having a full main TND crew and now I can't.
                          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I suspect a black body, at least partially. And if it is white, it won't be for long in a black costume.

I like both of them but I don't collect TNG.
                            Well if it's black then I will use her for Catwoman!

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I don’t collect TNG, but Worf is a good choice and he looks really nice. Someone mentioned possible monsters for October, makes sense but as someone else mentioned who’s left to do? although I wouldn’t mind seeing Teenage Werewolf and Frankenstein, since I don’t think I’ve ever seen them done, only as customs.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                                Banned
                                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
                                I don’t collect TNG, but Worf is a good choice and he looks really nice. Someone mentioned possible monsters for October, makes sense but as someone else mentioned who’s left to do? although I wouldn’t mind seeing Teenage Werewolf and Frankenstein, since I don’t think I’ve ever seen them done, only as customs.
                                I wish they’d do the Monster Squad.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎