X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

What modern lines do you collect?

Let's leave mego out of decision since that's probably a given for most of us.

For me
    Marvel Legends and retro MOTU which is ironic since I haven't bought He-man in years.

Super 7 has some cool things but I haven't gone down that road.
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

NECA Defenders of the Earth and the Marvel Legends 3.75 Retro figures are really the only modern stuff I am buying that is currently being produced.

I will pick up stuff I don't have yet from the Warpo Legends of Cthulhu line or the Darwyn Cooke DC Direct stuff if I see it in the wild at the right price, but I am not actively seeking that stuff out. And if I see a character I really like in the Imaginext DC stuff or the Spinmaster DC stuff I may pick it up, but as a whole I am not picking up that stuff.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I was collecting the mattel Retro WWE guys, spoofing the 90's Hasbro WWF guys I owned as a kid. They've since stopped but looks like a comeback is on the horizon.

I probably would've collected those little 3 3/4" Marvel retro guys but not at twenty bucks a pop.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I was collecting the mattel Retro WWE guys, spoofing the 90's Hasbro WWF guys I owned as a kid. They've since stopped but looks like a comeback is on the horizon.

I probably would've collected those little 3 3/4" Marvel retro guys but not at twenty bucks a pop.
        The Marvel retros retail at $10 not $20 (if you can find them at retail and not have to buy them from scalpers-which as a rule I never do, I'd rather do without than pay a scalper his price).

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Those little Marvel retro figures are only $10. Just the 2-packs were $20

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Hmmm…haven’t really realized this until now but I don’t collect lines anymore. I guess the only one is Star Wars Retro.

I tend to buy figures of characters I like, such as KISS or Roddy Piper, or Jason Voorhees, but even then only the ones that appeal to me for whatever reason.

Most recent are Piper and Randy Savage from the Masters of the WWE Universe.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Those little Marvel retro figures are only $10. Just the 2-packs were $20
              Maybe in yer neck of the woods. Here in Canada a single figure retails at twenty bucks.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

The only modern toylines I've been collecting faithfully has been the new MOTU retro figures and the G.I. Joe Classified Series and 3 3/4" retro figures.
                I had all but given up on the Classified Series there for a while with the Target exclusives getting out of hand with unavailability but that seems to have been rectified some.
                I still pick up certain SW Black Series and Vintage Collection figures here and there but not like I used to.
                I have picked up a handful of the Marvel retro figures, I really like them a lot but I just don't know if I can afford to keep up with that line at the moment.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I have found myself buying a lot more Marvel Legends lately, in both sizes. I pick up GI Joe: Classified and MOTU Origins when I see them. I'm buying a lot of Mego product too. I really think the pandemic has made me seek out pick-me-up gifts for getting through all this mess. $20 here or there doesn't seem too bad.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

MOTU Origins.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2019

I collect MOTU origins figures and similar.

Took me forever to track down every WWE/MOTU figures too. I hate that they're exclusive to Walmart...

For the main MOTU line though, I'm selective on what I buy. There are just some guys I'm not interested in.
                      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎