Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mine Was Wonder Woman. My Friend's Was Robin.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Don't get me wrong, I love scenery-chewing, flamboyant villains. But gueer-coding them to make them more "evil" is off-putting to me. That was a common trope in the '70's, from Dirty Harry onwards.
    Agreed. I think there was some of that with Scar in Lion King as well.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Kind of wish DC hadn't done this. Have no problem with Tim coming out or not,it's all of the idiots that will go "See? I told you so." And they don't care which version of Robin it is that came out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

There is no escaping "See, I told you so" regardless. And as you note, some fans don't really care. It's the orientation, not the character that bothers them.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 15, '21, 5:27 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

There is no escaping "See, I told you so" regardless. And as you note, some fans don't really care. It's the orientation, not the character that bothers them.
          Perfectly put, and now that I think of it, didn’t we have a Transgender hero character not that long ago?

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

It's the orientation, not the character that bothers them.
            Bingo. And almost always, they aren't even readers of the comic book in question... at least any incarnation of it in the last 10 years...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎