Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad news again - RIP Fred Goodspeed

Images
    Blog Entries

Sad news again - RIP Fred Goodspeed

I just received word through the customizer grapevine that Fred passed away recently due to Covid. Personally I had lost touch with Fred, but I recall him being humble and kind as well as being a great customizer. RIP Fred.

Steve

Images
    I"m sorry to hear that, RIP. Fred helped me with some customs when I first joined the forum.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

What was his museum name? I don't know if I know who that is. It's always sad to lose a fellow customizer/collector. R.I.P.

Images
    Fred helped me back in the day. Sad news.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    RIP BlackKryptonite :(
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Images
    Blog Entries
    ahh really? RIP Fred. I used to call him the other BK. I got more than a few heads from him.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Sad news to lose any member of the Mego and customs community. Condolences to his family and friends.

Images
    Very sorry to hear this. My condolences.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Prior to learning to mold and cast myself, Fred was kind and gracious enough mold and cast several body parts for me during my earliest attempts to develop my own action figure bodies.

Fred Goodspeed was always a consummate gentleman… always helpful, always polite, always a kind and encouraging word to offer about my work.

I lost regular contact with Fred after he fell out of the molding/ casting game a few years back, forcing me to take it up myself. But we nevertheless remained social media friends, and I’d run across his posts every so often on my newsfeed.

I am so terribly saddened to hear of Fred’s passing. The MEGO community has lost a very good man, a true comrade, and a genuine friend with his loss.

I for one am eternally grateful to have corresponded with Fred Goodspeed. His assistance always proved to be so invaluable. My life and my work were all the richer for my brief association with him.

Rest In Peace, brother Fred. You will be dearly missed and never forgotten. Godspeed Mr. Goodspeed 😢
    Last edited by darklord1967; Aug 10, '21 at 12:09 AM.

Fred was one of the good guys. He will be missed RIP
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms