X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Super Friends/DC heads on Type-S bodies

I noticed after buying a few Super Friends and DC comics figures that their heads are too small for the opening of the Type-S body. I know the Type-S body is bigger than a normal FTC body but is the plug problem due to the heads being too small overall or just the neck being too big?

I ask because if it is just a problem for Type-S bodies I will get some Dr. Mego bodies to convert them.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Many of the Super Friends (especially) had small neck plugs. Even on the FTC bodies they come on, some are like bobbleheads.

I recently moved a Batman onto a Type-S body and for the head, I sliced off the neck plug and connected the head to a Neck Plugs for Male Head Type S and that worked great.

As an aside, I also took a SF Aquaman head, sliced off the neck plug, opened the hole up a bit and put him on a new Mego body. It doesn't have the range of motion of the Type-S of course, but that turned out as a nice, cheap replacement for what was a bad FTC body.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Aug 7, '21, 1:02 PM.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
      Many of the Super Friends (especially) had small neck plugs. Even on the FTC bodies they come on, some are like bobbleheads.

I recently moved a Batman onto a Type-S body and for the head, I sliced off the neck plug and connected the head to a Neck Plugs for Male Head Type S and that worked great.

As an aside, I also took a SF Aquaman head, sliced off the neck plug, opened the hole up a bit and put him on a new Mego body. It doesn't have the range of motion of the Type-S of course, but that turned out as a nice, cheap replacement for what was a bad FTC body.
      Interesting. Thank you for the tip. Luckily I only have a problem with my Cpt Boomerang and El Dorado... El Dorado won't even stay in while standing. How low did you cut down for your first option?

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
        Interesting. Thank you for the tip. Luckily I only have a problem with my Cpt Boomerang and El Dorado... El Dorado won't even stay in while standing. How low did you cut down for your first option?
        Super Friends Batman doesn't really have a neck, so I cut right up to top of the peg (or bottom of the head right where the peg starts).

SF Aquaman has a nice neck, so it gave me a more defined cut point.

Every head will vary, but basically, I just cut off the whole neck peg, leaving the rest of the head sculpt as is because the Type-S Neck Plug will replace the existing neck plug that gets cut off.
        Last edited by TRDouble; Aug 8, '21, 9:50 AM.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 23, 2008

Got it. After I cut El Dorado’s plug it does look like it will fit perfectly on a new Mego body!

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Wrap the pegs of the heads with plummer's tape...problem solved

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
              Super Friends Batman doesn't really have a neck, so I cut right up to top of the peg (or bottom of the head right where the peg starts).

SF Aquaman has a nice neck, so it gave me a more defined cut point.

Every head will vary, but basically, I just cut off the whole neck peg, leaving the rest of the head sculpt as is because the Type-S Neck Plug will replace the existing neck plug that gets cut off.
              So I converted my El Dorado, Cpt Cold and Trickster to new Mego bodies via cutting the plug and they fit on perfectly! It works better than the Type-S because the costumes fit the new Mego bodies better as well. Thanks so much for the tip!

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

No problem! I'm glad they worked out.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡