Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barnabas Collins
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Outside of ebay, is there a recommended seller with fair prices?

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      no, parts are not available individually, unless you find a seller on ebay parting things out, and there are plenty of those
      I mentioned it before, and almost no one agreed, but Mego really should start thinking about releasing some accessory packs, like uniforms/clothing, weapons, and other gadgets. I think there are more than enough customizers to make it profitable, along with people buying old Mego figures online and looking to restore them with legit Mego products.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
        • Jun 1, 2012

Originally posted by Liu Bei
        I mentioned it before, and almost no one agreed, but Mego really should start thinking about releasing some accessory packs, like uniforms/clothing, weapons, and other gadgets. I think there are more than enough customizers to make it profitable, along with people buying old Mego figures online and looking to restore them with legit Mego products.
        Yeah, they can start with all of the Topps exclusive heads, outfits and accessories.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i'm pretty sure Mego said they had no interest in doing that as there was no real profit in it for them

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i'm pretty sure Mego said they had no interest in doing that as there was no real profit in it for them

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, the comparatively cheap reuse of the Mego body has been a hallmark for them since the beginning. To mix in a Hasbro analogy, there's no need to sell razor blades when you can sell accessorized razors.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

they could sell one of those boxed things from a year or so ago with lets say generic klingons, and then include extra disruptors etc.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Yeah. I wish someone would tell those goofs at Mattel to knock it off with Barbie. They've been trying to make the outfits and accessories racket work for almost 60 years now. Time to give it up.

I mean, G.I. Joe, the Adventure Team, Big Jim, and Action Man took that approach with boys and only made untold millions before they finally realized it didn't work.

But really, that's an unfair comparison. Adult collectors don't have nearly the disposable income that 9-year-old girls do for that kind of stuff.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by zeedox
                    they could sell one of those boxed things from a year or so ago with lets say generic klingons, and then include extra disruptors etc.
                    Disruptors, phasers, more realistic communicators and tricorders, a McCoy medical kit, tribbles, etc...

Comment

• zeedox
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 10, 2007

So why is the head a still a tad too large? The new 14" are so perfect in that regards I thought this was an old chapter now.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎