X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Spanish Frankenstein Figure Everyone knows I’m a sucker for all things Frankenstein and unlicensed toys but I ask you all to look into those eyes and think “do you blame me”? I rest my case. Mighty Princess Xena Knock-Off doll I dig Xena Warrior Princess a whole bunch, some people are surprised by that but […]
    The post 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

What a great set this week, including the KO Frankenstein Monster & Xena. I agree about the FOMO with the slurpee cups. We had a Fast Fare in my small hometown, and while it was one of two places I could buy comics from a rack in town, it didn't give an option for cups like these, and I would have been all over these as a kid (and as I was as a young adult, when I lucked into them where a guy was looking to unload the non-super hero ones from a lot he'd bought).
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Oh man I remember those string puppets. I think I may have even had one. I do not remember those old west 7-11 cups at all.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Those string puppets still exist in "educational" toy stores that always seem to exist in tourist trap towns. My kids came home with one from Myrtle Beach one year. It was cute, but it quickly became a tangled mess.

That Frankenstein figure looks like SOMEONE. I can't place it. An actor, but he's eluding me.

I didn't know you were into Xena! Cindy and I loved that show, moreso than Hercules, which was just okay. Amanda Connor was a guest at the comic shop I worked at when she was drawing the Xena comic for Topps, so I have a signed issue #1 around here somewhere...

I don't think we've EVER had a 7-11 here in Kentucky. So it's rare to find the Slurpee cups at antique and peddler's malls or flea markets. They just don't exist here! It sucks!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

I too would like to commiserate about lack of 7-11.
          We had nothing like that around here. All we had were Lawson's.
          Which is why I don't own any Slurpee cups. I like a lot of them. I'd like to get some. But there just isn't enough nostalgia there for me to buy any online. If I ever stumble across one I want in the wild, I'll probably jump on it. But the odds are slim because there wasn't one of those anywhere withing like 50+ miles of me in any direction.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎