X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

This seems a bit dodgy to me

the officer claims he hikes in triple digit heat all the time...yeah, that's a straight lie. no one is buying that. locals don't do that ****, anyone with a brain knows hiking in 110 degree weather is the worst idea. fyi, if you're from out of town, don't do that to yourself. plenty of out of town people underestimate how quickly you will die from the heat in phoenix, it doesn't take long. every year there's a story of a tourist dying from hiking in the summer...except this story just sounds sketchy all around. you invite a chick from out of town, she begins to feel bad from the heat and you let her walk back alone...his story doesn't add up. he's a first responder. worst of all, dude claims they didn't bring any water...on a hike...in triple digit weather....:

i don't know of a single phoenician that steps foot out the door without some water.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

wow, I agree this whole thing sounds sketchy. that poor woman.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I thought the same thing when the story ran in Boston (where the woman is from). Why would a first responder leave a woman alone who was beginning to show signs of heat exhaustion. ANd, as you say, that's just the beginning.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎