Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topps Teams Up with Leading Action Figure Company Mego to Celebrate the World’s Most

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • headache
    • Jul 11, 2019

I'm not really understanding this either. I know the Topps site says August 16th, so we'll find out then.

The only figures shown on the Topps website are already available. Nothing new there.

I also had no idea Topps did anything other than sports trading cards. Hope this works out, whatever the deal is. Target already seems to have given up on Mego - again. Maybe they'll bring in more closer to Christmas.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I signed up for the Topps email newsletter so I could get the notice about the upcoming Mego figures. I've gotten four emails today so far. Kinda turning into total spam at this point. I care nothing for sports, and that's all they email about. They should try for only one a day. It's really annoying, and it's only been a couple of days. I've gotten six email in the last two days.
      I am excited to see what exclusive figures they have coming out.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

My guess, and that's all this is of course, is this is probably more of a cross-marketing type of deal where Mego can use Topps' existing retailer agreements for product placements along side their sports and non sports card products. At least initially.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Topps could start adding sports cards with Mego sports figures .

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, I don't really get it either. The announcement is kind of vague.

Will Topps be offering NEW figures available ONLY through them? Or will they simply be an exclusive online retailer for existing figures?

Comment

• VulcansFury
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 6, 2014

I'm both intrigued and apprehensive at the same time. Weekly releases means combining shipping probably wont happen. I hate limited releases, i like having to option to buy more later if i think of a good custom use for another. But then hey, More Mego!! If it fleshes out some rosters then great! I just hope the shipping costs are reasonable, but I doubt it for reasons beyond Topps control. Also not a big fan of variants, so those will need to be case by case basis for me. But hey, MORE Mego!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

8 inch Shazam and Black Adam this Monday.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

What time?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    What time?
                    Noon. There is no sell-out. You have one week to order, everyone who orders, gets the figures.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

Awesome news. Two great characters to kick off Topps Mego Mondays.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Noon. There is no sell-out. You have one week to order, everyone who orders, gets the figures.
                        Thank you, that's terrific. That totally changes my expectations and participation.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Shazam & Black Adam! WooHoo!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                            Shazam & Black Adam! WooHoo!!!
                            There's a lot of love for the Big Red Cheese out there, it warms my heart.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                                Creature Of The Night
                                • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                There's a lot of love for the Big Red Cheese out there, it warms my heart.
                                Such an exciting time, so many awesome figures. I'm going to have to get a second job and a bigger house!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎