Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topps Teams Up with Leading Action Figure Company Mego to Celebrate the World’s Most

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

For my fellow Canadians......Out of curiosity, I created a Topps account and entered my address. Dropped a small Garbage Pail Kids figure in my cart and lowest shipping option Economy was $67USD which is about $75CDN. That's even higher than FTC.

Similar to the GI Joe announcement, I'm very excited for what this means for Mego and their continued success meanwhile bummed that Canadian collectors are left on the sidelines dependant upon having a hookup in the US. I'm lucky enough to know a few guys that'd be happy to help me out.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

Hope we can see more Twilight Zone figures from this.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        I don't think they currently have the license for Action Jackson.
        Oh, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that Action Jackson was an original character that Mego created, so I thought they owned him--unless, they sold the rights when they went bankrupt.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

Here's hoping we get a figure of Charles Bronson as Paul Kersey. It's long overdue.
          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

And that shipping to Canada fee is crap. There's no way it should legitimately cost that much to ship a single figure. I hate how Canadians often get shafted for lack of a better word when it comes to exciting opportunities like this. All we want to do is support the Mego brand as much as possible, but it shouldn't come at the expense of not being able to cover the cost of monthly bills and other essentials. We want to support this company. There has to be an easier way. It's not even always that easy to find Mego products at retail in this country.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
              Here's hoping we get a figure of Charles Bronson as Paul Kersey. It's long overdue.
              Hell yeah.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

There is a service in Toronto that takes care of such things, it's not that far from my house, depending on the figures, I shall employ their services.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

How does this service work? I am in Saskatchewan, would I still be able to access it or id it for Toronto area folks only?

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                    How does this service work? I am in Saskatchewan, would I still be able to access it or id it for Toronto area folks only?
                    I don't know, a friend of mine mentioned it to me last week. At the time I had little need of it, now things have changed. I'll post when I know more.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 23, 2019

Thank you, I appreciate that. Mego collecting and Mego customizing are the best hobbies a person can have. I want to see Mego as a company continue to grow and to expand. Hopefully we can one day see Mego figures more readily available all across the globe. It's my dream to see just as many Mego figures on the shelves in all the same places I see those stupid Funko Pops.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Could be neat but let's hope the Topps partnership doesn't boost the price too much. Can't wait to hear more.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I didn't respond to this yesterday because, honestly, I don't undertstand what will be released, and how.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

Yea it sounds like a good synergy but I wish we could have seen an example of what they meant. I just don't have any idea what topps is bringing to the party if it is not new licenses...

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                              Career Member
                              • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                              Yea it sounds like a good synergy but I wish we could have seen an example of what they meant. I just don't have any idea what topps is bringing to the party if it is not new licenses...
                              A massive list of buying collectors from company as old as Superman who's brand is collectability, at a guess.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Well it sounds great, but I’m holding my vote until I hear the final word and pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎