Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

This is cool in general, but if this means we might get Mars Attacks... I'm stoked.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by justzeg18
      This is cool in general, but if this means we might get Mars Attacks... I'm stoked.
      It's only for Mego licenses.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

I don't know why people keep getting confused. Dr. Mego himself said that it will be new characters AND variants.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
          I don't know why people keep getting confused. Dr. Mego himself said that it will be new characters AND variants.
          He said it on FaceBook, which almost lends itself to confusion.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            He said it on FaceBook, which almost lends itself to confusion.
            It just seems like lately though a lot of people are very pessimistic with anything Mego announces. Even though Mego and FTC have some quality issues (FTC way more than Mego) it has been a dream to see what we have been able to get with both company's hard work! I also think people don't realize how many doors Mego has been opening up just by a lot of hard work behind the scenes. The fact that they recently have had partnerships with Hasbro Pulse and Topps is a big deal from an industry standpoint.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
              It just seems like lately though a lot of people are very pessimistic with anything Mego announces. Even though Mego and FTC have some quality issues (FTC way more than Mego) it has been a dream to see what we have been able to get with both company's hard work! I also think people don't realize how many doors Mego has been opening up just by a lot of hard work behind the scenes. The fact that they recently have had partnerships with Hasbro Pulse and Topps is a big deal from an industry standpoint.
              It's amazing how some people find the downside in EVERYTHING. I poked my nose into Ambassadors today and some dude is calling anyone who likes this announcement "Sheeple". It's so pathetic. I am just pleased the format is taking off the way it is, I don't plan to buy 1/4 of it. It's an abundance of riches but some folks will never be satisfied and their cyncism is joyless.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

It's amazing how some people find the downside in EVERYTHING. I poked my nose into Ambassadors today and some dude is calling anyone who likes this announcement "Sheeple". It's so pathetic. I am just pleased the format is taking off the way it is, I don't plan to buy 1/4 of it. It's an abundance of riches but some folks will never be satisfied and their cyncism is joyless.
                I don't understand the time these types have to devote to stuff they apparently hate. Just move on and go mow the yard or something.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I don't understand the time these types have to devote to stuff they apparently hate. Just move on and go mow the yard or something.

Chris
                  Now there's something I hate, cut grass.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I must have blocked that guy LOL! I block anyone I find annoying now like closing a window on a barking dog.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      I must have blocked that guy LOL! I block anyone I find annoying now like closing a window on a barking dog.
                      You should! No one is forcing people to buy the product if they don't like something. FTC gets a ton of flack and I used to agree it was terrible how bad their quality is but then I realized I am lucky that they released such a variety of characters and their costumes are pretty good. There is always a silver lining I think.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        I blocked him but I'm an admin there so I can see his posts regardless.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I’m happy to hear the news of this, but my final thoughts will be on quality and cost.

I think everyone should be optimistic until the products are pictured, released and in our hands if the individual chooses to buy them.

Let’s wait and see what gets released, then only you can decide if you want it or not.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 5, 2018

Unfortunately, I think most people seem to be wired that way. Personally, not all this new stuff is for me, but everyone is different and likes different things. I'm just glad to see this format from my childhood is even being made these days, and have been happy that it's been a success for Marty and everyone that worked so hard to make it happen.

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Personally if the Topps deal gives them a chance to make figures they ( the powers that be deem ) won't sell at retail, I'm all in for it.
                              ex. Doc has said that the Phantom wouldn't sell, but i see NECA has no problem selling theirs in the Defenders of the Earth line.
                              *SHRUGS*
                              If it makes it so Mego can start taking chances and offering more than just Trek and Apes, I'm all for it.
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
                                If it makes it so Mego can start taking chances and offering more than just Trek and Apes, I'm all for it.
                                Mego makes a whole lot more than just Trek and Apes. They make a lot of horror and monster figures. They made at least nine music figures. They made at least four sports style figures with one more on the way.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎