X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Goblin19
    If we’re bringing Diana Rigg into the conversation, then nobody compares.
    I watch quite a bit of UK programming and her daughter, Rachael Stirling, is fantastic in every thing she does and reminds me of Diana in many ways.

There is what would be considered a swear on US TV at the beginning of this vid, but one that I hear regularly on BBC stuff, so let this serve as an advisement.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I hate to admit this, but growing up my thoughts of Dianna Rigg was her hosting PBS Mystery theatre

how did you gents see her earlier stuff ?

grew up in the nj ny phy area and never seen her in anything besides Mystery theatre and maybe the lasenby movie

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
        I hate to admit this, but growing up my thoughts of Dianna Rigg was her hosting PBS Mystery theatre

grew up in the nj ny phy area and never seen her in anything besides Mystery theatre and maybe the lasenby movie
        Out here in the LA area throughout the 70's, they ran The Avengers on one of our local broadcast stations (KHJ-Channel 9, I think). Loved that show!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

The Avengers theme and opening sequence is one of my all times favorites.

So classy and elegant. Oh and so British!

It’s bittersweet to see this, as both leads are no longer with us, but man, does it bring all kinds of nostalgia.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I lived in Mexico from ages 7-14. I grew up watching The Avengers there. Yup, they showed it in Mexico. However, they were dubbed. I didn’t get to hear their wonderful British accent until I returned to the US.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

It really bums me out that The Avengers was NEVER broadcast in my area growing up. I knew of it from fan magazines, but that's about it. I didn't get to see any of it until I was in my late teens/early 20s, and I've still only seen a handful. I need to dive in.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

The Avengers started airing in Cleveland when I was about 7 or 8 and both my mom and dad loved it when it had originally aired so we watched it all the time. It remains one of my favorite shows ever. Pretty much the essence of cool and style.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                  The Avengers theme and opening sequence is one of my all times favorites.

So classy and elegant. Oh and so British!

It’s bittersweet to see this, as both leads are no longer with us, but man, does it bring all kinds of nostalgia.

Man! It's been a long time since I've seen an episode, but watching this made it feel like it was just yesterday! Classy & elegant, indeed!

I have the John Steed 1/6 figure from several years back, but I never found Emma Peel at a reasonable price.
                  I also located a genuine British cane umbrella for display, still need to locate a nice bowler hat to compliment it.

John Steed.jpg Umbrella.jpg

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

I can't remember if it was on Ch.48 or Ch.12 (PBS), but I definitely saw the color episodes of the Avengers and the New Avengers growing up in Philly.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎