X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

New Mego BATMAN MODS

I like the new Mego Batman, but had some issues with him. (1.) He didn't stand up very well...and he looked bowlegged. So, I determined that part of the problem was the crotch area on him was way wider than an original Mego. (2.) I thought the boots might also be part of the reason he couldn't stand very well, without falling over backwards.

Solution: Original Mego Pelvis, and FTC legs with Peg & Boots system. And Now I'm happy with him.

sigpic
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Another great job upgrading Batman, Batgirl looks like she’s impressed too LOL.

Comment

• battmasterson
      Career Member
      • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice. I have not even opened mine yet, so I may steel your method. Very impressed.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by battmasterson
        Very nice. I have not even opened mine yet, so I may steel your method. Very impressed.
        Yes, if yours stands as poorly as mine did...you might feel compelled to fix him like I did.
        sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Nice! I don't think I've seen a mod using the FTC plug hero boots. The Mego boots are a soft plastic that is not very sturdy and make some of the figures hard to stand.

I may have to give this a try on my deconstructed Batman.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I haven't had a lot of luck with the new rubber Mego boots. It takes a real stiff ankle joint to hold a pose, otherwise the boot forces the angle of the leg to be off slightly.

I really like the look of the FTC plug boots, but I have not been able to let go of my need for my Megos to have removable boots.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Now get cracking on a frankensteined Female Mego body. Probably will be a looooonnnnnnngggggg time before we see anything from Mego on the "new" female body. Looks GREAT Dane. Keep up the great work.
              Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Aug 10, '21, 1:33 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                I haven't had a lot of luck with the new rubber Mego boots. It takes a real stiff ankle joint to hold a pose, otherwise the boot forces the angle of the leg to be off slightly.

I really like the look of the FTC plug boots, but I have not been able to let go of my need for my Megos to have removable boots.
                I'm dead-set against those plug-in parts.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Thanks guys. Yeah, I totally understand the Mego purist line of thought on the boots...but I own more than one of these figures. I think I'll pick up a pair of the "black" Mego boots for one of my other Batman Megos...see if he stands up better.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎