X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Emce section

Is the Emce section just an archive to read now, and no more discussion? It doesn't look like I can post on any threads there, or start a new thread.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I went back and looked and it has a locked padlock, so I guess that wing of the museum is closed. Bummer.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Dead companies + Players who ditched us for FB = Bummer man.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
        Dead companies + Players who ditched us for FB = Bummer man.
        I amazed and disappointed in the amount of people I see in FB that used to be here. Facebook is more tedious and moderated much less where you unfortunately learn more about people than necessary.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

I find it a bit disheartening myself, somewhat because I don’t want to join Facebook, but also because I feel like there’s a real camaraderie here and I’m kind of disappointed that other long time members don’t feel the same way. Even when I’m not actively collecting (rarely) or posting much, I still visit pretty much every day.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            I amazed and disappointed in the amount of people I see in FB that used to be here. Facebook is more tedious and moderated much less where you unfortunately learn more about people than necessary.
            Not to mention it's INSANE to hold a conversation in that interface. I prefer this just for the whole aspect of "where was I talking to that guy?".

Also, there is this weird notion that FB is the end-all-be-all of things, people call their groups or pages "websites", it's not.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Every time I go to Facebook it says I have an out-of-date browser … still using ME, I think

Heck with their poopie

facebook is 2021 version of my space

Stick with Mego Museum

Family friendly and just makes you feel good

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I walked away from Facebook last month. Don't think I'll look back.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
                  I find it a bit disheartening myself, somewhat because I don’t want to join Facebook, but also because I feel like there’s a real camaraderie here and I’m kind of disappointed that other long time members don’t feel the same way. Even when I’m not actively collecting (rarely) or posting much, I still visit pretty much every day.
                  Ditto.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

agreed. i am on FB but it is too hard to have a discussion about anything there as you cannot find it again

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I just joined facebook a couple of weeks ago, so I could see what the Mego Ambassador group was all about. I also joined Mego Mania and Mego Collectors. That's all the places I go, and don't post on there. I might try to sell some stuff on facebook, because not many people here are very interested in buying.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

I use my wife's Facebook just for Mego Ambassadors and Mego Mania. No interest in the other drama on there.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Doesn't joining Facebook steal/sell/watch/grab all your internet personal preferences - etc ?

Not that I care, but I prefer my Fingerhut Cuisinart veggie-chopper wishlist not become public knowledge to the entire world

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎