X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Superhero Things on eBay this week

SUPERMAN LIFESIZE MASK VINTAGE SHOP DISPLAY RARE FIGURE Yeah, this might be the creepiest thing I’ll see in forever, apparently it’s Italian. That’s scarier than anything Zach Snyder came up with. DC Comics Superhero Stickers- Man, this one gets me right in the feels. Seeing all that artwork that was also used for the Mego […]
    The post 5 Awesome Superhero Things on eBay this week appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Those stickers are fantastic.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

This may be my favorite week EVER. So much to love. Interesting that the sticker set is all Batman characters EXCEPT Supeman and Aquaman. I would suspect this dates from when the Filmation package was being syndicated, and right before Super Friends.

The Superman mask/bust thingee kind of reminds me of Bob Holiday from the Superman musical.

That molding figure set is gorgeous! I want one! Batgirl appears to have a long skirt, which makes me wonder if she wasn't originally designed as the purple dress Catwoman (like in the stickers), although she seems to have Babs' distinctive belt and boots sculpted in. Hmmm....

That Reb Brown poster is awesome! Apeing Kirby's famous "MADBOMB" cover pose to boot! His head is so tiny!!!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

What a flood of memories those bring back. And I agree that Superman mask is a bit unsettling, but still cool in its uniqueness. It kind of reminds me of the Max Fleischer Superman... after a daylong wine tasting contest. Absolutely LOVE the superhero stickers. I lived for that kind of product back then, because it just fired up my imagination. The hero molds remind me of this era so well, when playtime was about creation. And these perfectly cater to that sensibility. What a fun find with the Spidey tool box. I don't think there was an item overlooked back then that didn't have Spidey or Batman's image splashed on the cover for instant kid appeal. And who can forget Reb Brown? I remember that second movie the best, because they got a bit closer to the comic book costume and of we had Christopher Lee as the villain. He brought such style and class to every role he played.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Oh man I want it all...but cannot afford anything
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...