X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1982 Kenner Sea Wees Catalog

1982 Kenner Sea Wees Catalog Kenner Sea Wees were introduced to the market in 1979 and were an immediate hit that would last six years. In the toy world, anything that runs for 3 is considered a success. The Sea Wees concept were a series of small mermaid dolls packaged with a baby and a […]
    The post 1982 Kenner Sea Wees Catalog appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The first series Sea Wees didn't come with the babies. After Sea Wees ended Kenner spun off the line into the very similar Shimmers in 86. They kept mermaids but got rid of the sponges and added fairies and centaurs. Shimmers lasted about a year. Probably too much info for here. Yes, well, never mind.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

This is one of those toy lines I was completely unaware of. I mean, I wasn't the target demographic, but I still absorbed at least some knowledge of most girls' toys through osmosis. It wasn't until I was married, and Cindy found one at a flea market that I realized these were a thing, and she had some of them as a kid. She's picked up a few here and there.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

I don't remember these at all. By 1982, I was in high school, and my mom said I was too old to be buying toys, and she wanted me to get rid of some stuff, so I didn't frequent the toy aisles very often. LOL
        Wait 'till she comes to see me on her next visit!

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

My sister had a bunch of sea-wees! I had their counterparts, the little loggers that also came with a pet and sponge

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I recall the SeeWees well, but had never heard of Little Loggers until now--they are cute.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah Little Loggers are something I'm going to talk about in our magazine somewhere down the line.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I could collect them now.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎