Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Planet of the Apes Caesar (Mint Off Card Review)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
    Yeah, I'd like her alive as the mummified version would have limited appeal beyond ornament… then you could recreate the classic ANSA promotional/pre-mission documentation. The femummy would be cool in a playset, but Mego has been consistent in saying that playsets and clothing/accessory packs do not work in their business model.

Regarding Astronaut Stewart-Agreed that a mummified version of her would have little appeal beyond ornament, but couldn't the same be said for Museum Dodge? I mean he's not exactly doing anything other than standing there with glass eyes and dressed in a loin cloth

I'd rather see them go ahead and make a standard post crash ("bearded") version of Dodge, and if people want a stuffed version of him, they can go ahead and paint the eyes and deck him out in a loin cloth.

I'm all for variations and everything, but I'd rather see Mego spend their resources making more characters rather than just making a figure who's essentially a statue.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

I just don't understand the darker skin on the chimps and orangutans.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Another great video. Caesar looks great. I had never made the ape plunge until the new Megos. I just couldn’t resist them now.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by apes3978
          …couldn't the same be said for Museum Dodge?
          True, I suppose I rationalized that with Lobotomy Landon and Museum Dodge being impactful moments where (what appeared to be) main characters were being lost early in the film. I'd still want them articulated of course, as the trinity would be striking surrounded by a squad of Soldiers Apes led by Marcus

We could have it all… Parachute Bearded Dodge with an alternate, taxidermy head!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Nice figure, the tweaks help and I'll get it though I avoided Cornelius and Zaius.

As for more figures, a Mutant and Astronaut, as well as Armando and Nova, top my list. (I've already made an excellent Hasslein and Astro-Corny.)
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
              • Dec 5, 2019

Hi all!

That's a great list, Confessional, though I was a little surprised that your "Escape" section didn't include Dr.'s Dixon, Branton, and Hasslein. I'd also consider an Armando, but would prefer one from "Conquest." Though an "Escape" Armando with a Baby Milo would certainly appeal to me!

James

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ It's purposely light on humans… my Governor Breck custom looks great in my collection, but I can't say he'd ever sell on the pegs at Walmart or Target.

If Mego deep dives into the Apesverse, it's reasonable they've got to ride the best bets, which are main characters and Apes. I think an exception would be something like the TV Officers, as they could be tunic/accessory variants of an existing Soldier Ape.
                Last edited by Confessional; Jul 31, '21, 8:41 PM. Reason: …I'd like an Escape Zira too! ;)

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Mego recently announced a more screen-accurate Soldier Ape with a new outfit and head sculpt, so get ready to army build.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Judging from the glimpse and commentary provided during a recent Mego livestream, the soldier ape is a reissue of the purple DM suit. Curious and excited for a new sculpt, though.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

^^ That's entirely awesome news and hopefully the purple suit gets some new fabrics too.
                      Last edited by Confessional; Aug 1, '21, 9:16 AM. Reason: …out of *the know*.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
                        We could have it all… Parachute Bearded Dodge with an alternate, taxidermy head!
                        Somebody's been reading the Marvel adaption of 'Planet' again

Comment

• TheXFactor
                          Museum Patron
                          • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Judging from the glimpse and commentary provided during a recent Mego livestream, the soldier ape is a reissue of the purple DM suit. Curious and excited for a new sculpt, though.
                          Drawing a blank right now- "the purple DM suit". DM being...?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Doctor Mego

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by TheXFactor
                              Drawing a blank right now- "the purple DM suit". DM being...?

Scroll to the bottom of this page, and you'll see the black/purple suit in question:

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by apes3978
                                Scroll to the bottom of this page, and you'll see the black/purple suit in question:

http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page7.html
                                For something like this, Doc Mego quality is much better then ctvt, I doubt DM’s leather will get ruined because of quality and humidity.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎