Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mego Planet of the Apes Caesar (Mint Off Card Review)

Hi all!

That's a great list, Confessional, though I was a little surprised that your "Escape" section didn't include Dr.'s Dixon, Branton, and Hasslein. I'd also consider an Armando, but would prefer one from "Conquest." Though an "Escape" Armando with a Baby Milo would certainly appeal to me!

James

^^ It's purposely light on humans… my Governor Breck custom looks great in my collection, but I can't say he'd ever sell on the pegs at Walmart or Target.

If Mego deep dives into the Apesverse, it's reasonable they've got to ride the best bets, which are main characters and Apes. I think an exception would be something like the TV Officers, as they could be tunic/accessory variants of an existing Soldier Ape.
    Last edited by Confessional; Jul 31, '21 at 8:41 PM. Reason: …I'd like an Escape Zira too! ;)

Blog Entries
    Mego recently announced a more screen-accurate Soldier Ape with a new outfit and head sculpt, so get ready to army build.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    Blog Entries
    Judging from the glimpse and commentary provided during a recent Mego livestream, the soldier ape is a reissue of the purple DM suit. Curious and excited for a new sculpt, though.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

^^ That's entirely awesome news and hopefully the purple suit gets some new fabrics too.
    Last edited by Confessional; Aug 1, '21 at 9:16 AM. Reason: …out of *the know*.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    We could have it all… Parachute Bearded Dodge with an alternate, taxidermy head!
    Somebody's been reading the Marvel adaption of 'Planet' again

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Judging from the glimpse and commentary provided during a recent Mego livestream, the soldier ape is a reissue of the purple DM suit. Curious and excited for a new sculpt, though.
    Drawing a blank right now- "the purple DM suit". DM being...?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Doctor Mego
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Drawing a blank right now- "the purple DM suit". DM being...?

Scroll to the bottom of this page, and you'll see the black/purple suit in question:

http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page7.html

Quote Originally Posted by apes3978 View Post
    Scroll to the bottom of this page, and you'll see the black/purple suit in question:

http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page7.html
    For something like this, Doc Mego quality is much better then ctvt, I doubt DM’s leather will get ruined because of quality and humidity.