X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Need Help: Boris Karloff

I need a ReMego head of Boris Karloff. I tried to make one using a Frankenstein Monster but it didn't turn out. I have though about trying to use the Batman 66 Alfred as a stand in ( I have used that head more that I can count). Does anybody have any suggestions?
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

remmego.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

I've often been tempted to nab Doc Mego's "Old Man" Mummy head and spackle in the wrinkles, reshape the nose, etc. Fair bit of work involved, I guess.

Wanted to do Mr. Wong, Detective and Fu Manchu. Waiting on the latter until I can find a decent Myrna Loy lookalike!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I want one too. he'd be a great guest villain on Batman 66 in my fantasy land casting. Always wanted him as Ra's. I may have to settle for Peter Cushing tho.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I've always been disappointed that Sideshow didn't do Hjalmar Poelzig, Countess Zaleska, and Dynamo Dan.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
          • Jul 20, 2020

I'm also shocked there hasn't been an 8 inch Vincent Price yet. I feel like Mego MIGHT do one in their Legends line, but who knows at this point. I'd love a basic Karloff figure to go with A&C Mr Hyde, or any of his other famous roles.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

The closet to Vincent Price was Batman 66 Egghead. I have redone that head to do other VP figures but the head itself is a little plump around the face:
            batman 66 egghead.jpgFTC_BatTV_S2_Egghead_Loose.jpg

After I brought this up during Svengoolie somebody sent me these pics of Boris action figure:
            E7GuDmlWUAARQma.jpgE7GuDmmWEAMQO0L.jpg
            The Mord is $150 and up while the 12 inch Karloff figure is out of print & not on ebay. But looking at old man Karloof and then Batman 66 Alfred with his glasses they look very close. Just a little repaint is needed.
            Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 25, '21, 9:03 AM.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

there's someone on facebook selling digital sculpts of Vincent, I keep meaning to ask him about Karloff
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I was just recently on ebay and I remember seeing someone selling custom head sculpts in an all gray color, and I believe they had a Vincent Price sculpt.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                  • Jul 20, 2020

I remember seeing someone made a custom A&C Hyde by using the Diamond Select model, making a mold of it, and upsizing. Kinda surprised nobody's done that with the alternate Karloff head included with that set. BrentzDolz occasionally does Vincent Price characters, and he just did Rondo Hatton (although I'd prefer a removable hat and different clothes).

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎