Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I unapologetically and unironically absolutely love the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra cartoons. Alan Oppenheimer's Skeletor and John Erwin's He-Man are iconic portrayals. MOTU would have never become the wildly successful toy brand and pop cultural phenomenon with out it.

Back to Revelations, I didn't love or hate Hamill's Skeletor. It was just alright. It was basically a more chain smokery sounding Joker. Kevin Conroy's Mer-Man was disappointing. He didn't even attempt to do the voice and just kinda sounded like Batman. I did like Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Chris Wood Talks Prince Adam/He-Man

E7PspPXWQAE-RJX.jpg

It was this article that let me know that pt 2 will be better.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]31286[/ATTACH]

It was this article that let me know that pt 2 will be better.
        Sounds like the Heroes journey.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^That's great...but people REALLY need to not jump to conclusions and expect the worst. I don't understand how anyone in the age of the Marvel movies actually thought the ending was exactly as it seemed. Heck, Infinity War/Endgame should have taught them that!!!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm really enjoying this thread.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^Agreed. I love the Filmation show...but for me it really filed the teeth down on the mini-comics version I had already extrapolated in my young mine. This has that "EPIC!!!" feel to it that the adventures had in my own head.

I was talking with the owner of my LCS, and he wondered why they didn't just use Alan Oppenheimer as the voice of Skeletor again, since he was there for Moss Man... and Hamill was definitely channeling his Joker. But I figured maybe they didn't want to recall how much of a boob Skeletor came across as, since they wanted to up the character's game. And I say that with all the love for Oppenheimer's wonderful Skeletor. But back then, they had to make ALL the major villains somewhat goofy and ineffectual to get things past the sensors.

Chris
              Yeah,most cartoons were like that back in the day. If the head honcho or one of his flunkies messed up it would be "whoops!" Nowadays,everybody that goofs up usually takes a bullet in the head.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Spoilers...
                I am astounded anyone would think they actually killed off He-Man. He is obviously not dead. Good grief. Mattel would never allow that. Orko's not dead either. He just disappeared into another dimension. BTW: He-Man was "killed" and brought back before just recently in the DC Comics MOTU/Thundercats crossover.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I did mention in my previous post that He-Man was more than likely coming back in season 2. It’s a no-brainer.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    Your assessment is spot on Hector. Both Teela and Randor acted so totally out of character. It was obvious that the writers of this show did not fully understand what they were doing. Not only does Teela not console them, she's apparently forgotten that Adam just literally sacrificed himself to save them all, and she throws a tantrum? Not the actions of a supposedly mature captain of the guards. She should have been showing a lot less attitude and a lot more gratitude. Way to honor Adam's heroism and ultimate sacrifice.

I give it a C-
                    Exacto mundo.

That was the main issue. I hope she grows the hell up in season 2. But, man, she’s ripped. I wouldn’t want to mess with her in real life, unless it’s a friendly wrestling session…

sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I actually finished watching this just now and didn't hate it as much as I was led to believe I would based on all the comments I'd been readin/hearing about it.

I agree with Dwayne though the Teela and Randor reactions were way out of character. I did think it was a noce touch Queen Marlena had figured it out though. Can't get anything past Mom.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
                        I agree with Dwayne though the Teela reaction was way out of character.
                        What am I, chopped liver?

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I did think it was a noce touch Queen Marlena had figured it out though. Can't get anything past Mom.
                          In the episode The Rainbow Warrior of the original Filmation MOTU series it was VERY strongly hinted that Queen Marlena new Adam was He-Man. So, yeah, she totally knew. As I mentioned the show is darker than I would have liked but I have to give them credit. They did their research and really know their stuff.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                            What am I, chopped liver?

And you too my friend,
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Saw this retweeted on twitter. Maybe this explains a little of Teela's reaction/behavior to Adam/He-Man's perceived death. Revelations producer: Evil-Lyn clearly states that Teela is "carrying a torch" for He-Man. Imagine finding out that your best friend and the person you're attracted too are the same person...and in that instant, not only did you find out they were lying to you- everyone around you was lying to you- but you lost them as well. It's a FLOOD of emotions. It's complicated. And a lot of people (captains of the Royal Guards included) don't know how to process that.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

And you too my friend,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢