X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Mego 1977 Action Guy Doll

I just saw this on Ebay but he doesn't look like any head sculpt I know. Does anyone know who this is?

Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That's not 8", but instead 12" The Captain from vintage Mego's The Captain and Tennille line.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ToyTalk
      Career Member
      • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      That's not 8", but instead 12" The Captain from vintage Mego's The Captain and Tennille line.
      Thank you. That explains why I've never seen it. Much appreciated

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

Here is the next Ebay amazement. This box is advertised as unopened 1974 Mego Klingon and the seller is asking near 2500 for it. Only 1 problem. The box is a Diamond Select box instead of mego. Diamond Distributors didn't exist until 1984. Hmmmmm, this is a mystery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Hate when people try and make money by lying. All the needed to do was a little research and everthing out have been better,
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Would make a great Gregory Harrison as Gonzo Gates custom

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I just talked to guy who is selling the Megos. He bought a huge collection of Diamond boxes and he was told it was a sealed case of 1974 Mego Klingon. So he did not open it and put it up for sell hoping to flip it, I told him the history of Diamond and there boxes are not worth money, they are just a huge reseller company that ship the product in there boxes. I told him I would have opened that box and done some checking on what was inside. After working in Comic Book stores for many years I rarely show original boxes and would never trust the seller until I inspect the merchandise. I have feeling he bought EMCE Star Trek Klingons, if they are still seald he can make some money but not that mad money he wanted.

That being said there were 2 vintage items I ok to by, one was a sealed Shogun Warrior Godzilla the other was Sears Star Wars Imperial Shuttle sealed and had twine and original receipt attached to the box.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                  • Dec 5, 2019

Hi all!

It is possible that that really was a case of Mego Klingons in a Diamond case. Back around 1990, Diamond offered up a warehouse find of Mego Kirk, Spock, and Klingon figures through their catalog. I don't remember what price they were asking for them, but they weren't cheap. This could very well be a case from that solicitation.

James

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Diamond had cases of 12" Parkdale Batman figures as well in the 90s. You could just order a vintage Batman through Diamond Previews, and pick it up at your LCS. That's how I got mine.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Wish I had nabbed one.

Comment

• shaunaconda
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                        I just talked to guy who is selling the Megos. He bought a huge collection of Diamond boxes and he was told it was a sealed case of 1974 Mego Klingon. So he did not open it and put it up for sell hoping to flip it, I told him the history of Diamond and there boxes are not worth money, they are just a huge reseller company that ship the product in there boxes. I told him I would have opened that box and done some checking on what was inside. After working in Comic Book stores for many years I rarely show original boxes and would never trust the seller until I inspect the merchandise. I have feeling he bought EMCE Star Trek Klingons, if they are still seald he can make some money but not that mad money he wanted.

That being said there were 2 vintage items I ok to by, one was a sealed Shogun Warrior Godzilla the other was Sears Star Wars Imperial Shuttle sealed and had twine and original receipt attached to the box.
                        Do you have a link to the Shogun Godzilla? I’m interested in that.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

that was years ago when I work at the comic book store (that shut down now).
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by ToyTalk
                            Thank you. That explains why I've never seen it. Much appreciated
                            Hard to believe it, but Mego later recycled that head sculpt for Paul Stanley in their Kiss line!

Comment

• ToyTalk
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by warlock664
                              Hard to believe it, but Mego later recycled that head sculpt for Paul Stanley in their Kiss line!
                              No way!! So that's who the Star Child actually is under that makeup! Mystery solved

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎