X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

3D resin printing question

So I just jumped into the resin printing world and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on specific sites or sellers for .stl files for headsculpts or other items that might be cool in the custom MEGO world.

I have poked around in Thingaverse, and Myminifactory, but have not seen much in the way of portraits. I know it is a tricky place with copyright and whatnot, but I have seen resin kits for years and I don't believe all of those are licensed. So... just looking for some pointers for a good direction to look and build up my printing and making skills.

btw - the machine I chose was the Longer Orange 30 and it is pretty phenomenal what you can get this machine to do and the detail you can make with it. There are still slight resolution lines to deal with, but nothing like what I have dealt with in the past with filament printers. I am still learning tricks of the trade for exposure times, supports, and different resins, but I have yet to be disappointed by what the machine can create.
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Cults3d is a good site for heads and other accessories
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

thanks Boris71. I have looked around on Cults. Wow - there is so much to see. Thanks for pointing that site out.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I am slowly figuring out some of the ins and outs of this printer. Even with my limited knowledge, I am making some pretty awesome gaming miniatures for my kids.

One think I have figured out is that the supports are vital to the print. Setting them up takes a bit more time than I expected, but if you make sure you have the right amount of support and contact space, the prints are pretty easy to clean up. I have also found that the program that I am using to slice does not always do the best placement or depth of the support, so it pays to double check your preview before slicing and printing.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎