Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judy Norton aka (MARY ELLEN WALTON) talks Merchandise!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Judy Norton aka (MARY ELLEN WALTON) talks Merchandise!!

Some comments recently on why someone would or would NOT want WALTONS merch.

Well Here Judy Norton (Mary Ellen)

talks what she has from the show, interesting!!

• RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Thanks for posting this! I knew she had a youtube channel, and I've watched a few of her videos in the past. I even asked her once in the comment section if she had any merchandise, and she responded that she had a few. I just think it would be really flattering to have your image all over the place on books, and games, and dolls, etc. I'm surprised she only has a few items. I have to remind myself that not everyone are avid collectors like those of us here at the Mego forum.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That was fun. It's always interesting to hear what actors/celebrities think of the merchandise made of them. Sometimes people are flat-out bewildered by it, but it's nice to see she enjoyed having a doll/action figure, even though she pointed out some rather glaring inconsistencies.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by RonnyG
        Thanks for posting this! I knew she had a youtube channel, and I've watched a few of her videos in the past. I even asked her once in the comment section if she had any merchandise, and she responded that she had a few. I just think it would be really flattering to have your image all over the place on books, and games, and dolls, etc. I'm surprised she only has a few items. I have to remind myself that not everyone are avid collectors like those of us here at the Mego forum.

Glad you liked it, I have to say I did NOT watch the Walton's when I was a kid, I think if I did, I probably would NOT have "gotten it". Well due to covid last year, and soo much time on my hand, I started watching it on METV and have done all seasons from 1 to half way thru 8 right now, and have not seen any of the sequel movies, but I have enjoyed it and gotten an appreciation of how people lived in those times and as we see, things do get better for everyone as the 1940's begin.

And you also have to remember, this time period they cover ( 1934-1946) 12 years in 9 seasons/series/years. And for me it's the end of the PLATINUM age of comics and the beginning of the golden age of comics and I enjoy just watching everything in the house, at Ike Godsey's mercantile store, If they knew what they had and treasured it.

Great show.

And Not sure how many people know, but Judy didn't show off one piece of merchandise, she now REGRETS!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for posting this Jorge, I've seen many of Judy's videos but not this one.

I find much of the Walton's merchandise colorful and charming. I like the painted artwork.

Glad you are appreciating the show--the first several seasons are terrific. Do check out the reunion movies if you can.

I have the CD (and several other items) she mentions, it's well-produced and enjoyable. Jon Walmsley is talented.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 25, '21, 9:21 AM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎