X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Hero Collector Ecto-1

So I saw this advertisement for a Build it yourself metal Ghostbusters Ecto-1 1:8 scale and I was impressed. Figured it would look amazing beside all of my Ghostbuster mego-like figures. Has anyone ever dealt with Hero Collector?

Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Someone on here had been doing the Delorean from Back to the Future and sharing updates on it and it looked really nice. I think the idea of the build looks fun.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• ToyTalk
      Career Member
      • Mar 25, 2020

Got my first shipment in for the Ecto-1. This thing is going to be a blast to build. It will be sooooooooo big, with working lights and sounds, hoods and doors opening. I think I'm going to wait until another couple of shipments come in before I start building it. The instructions manuals are cool because they also contain behind the scenes articles and other tidbits. So far I'm saying well worth the buy. When I start putting it together I'll start posting pics.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Have fun with it!

Your post sent me looking at these again and the Ecto-1 looks awesome! I'm so torn as I really want the Delorean. It would take a dedicated space to build it, and 130 issues, so the time will be extensive to complete.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

My son and I play Warhammer 40k and have bonded over building and painting, so patience I've got for the build. It is all of the waiting for the next piece that's going to kill me. LOL. That DeLorean looks INCREDIBLE!! I chose the Ecto-1 because it is pretty close to mego size and I have all of the Ghost Buster Megos. Thought they would look cool displayed together.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by ToyTalk
            So I saw this advertisement for a Build it yourself metal Ghostbusters Ecto-1 1:8 scale and I was impressed. Figured it would look amazing beside all of my Ghostbuster mego-like figures. Has anyone ever dealt with Hero Collector?

https://en-us.eaglemoss.com/die-cast.../ecto1-buildup
            There's a bunch of "build" videos for this on youtube, along with other build kits by Hero Collector (Star Trek, James Bond, etc.).

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Barnabas Collins
              There's a bunch of "build" videos for this on youtube, along with other build kits by Hero Collector (Star Trek, James Bond, etc.).

Barnabas Collins
              Dangerous site to browse around on for sure. I ended up ordering the DC Chess set as well. What can I say... I'm weak.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

They were going to do the Barris Batmobile and I would have been in on that for the FTC figures, but it got cancelled I believe.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎