X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My customs over the years

I had to rearrange my shelf of custom figures, so I thought I'd shoot some photos of them. I haven't attempted in a custom in YEARS, but I had fun with these. I just never seem to find the time to try new ones.

My absolute favorite customs, because I love the Earth-Two Robin, especially the red/green version. I got that suit from the incomparable Brian Leitner.

The wings are from the vulture in the reissue of the Aurora Monster "add ons". The helmet started out as a RM Batman repro cowl with a lot of Crayola model magic and some wings from a small toy bird.

I have a soft spot for the Vigilante. So easy to do, but so satisfying. Love these characters, especially on JLU!

The Guardian's shield came courtesy of Laser Mego Paul Wasson. The helmet is from a weird Marvel thumb wrestler Captain America I got in a bubble gum machine!

Starman's Cosmic Rod (snicker) is just an accessory from Playmates Star Trek line.

Flash and Green Lantern were two of the earliest customs I did. Captain Cold was finished RIGHT before the Mattel version came out!

Chris
    sigpic
  • PB
    • Jul 2, 2021

Really nice work. I remember those gum ball machine thumb wrestlers. Great use of existing and custom parts across them all. Any one of them looks like they could be green lit for production.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Those are awesome. Wildcat is my favourite one. All of em well done!
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Nice, I have always like the Earth 2 Robin so seeing your customs brings a smile to my face.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

WOW! Nice looking figures! Love all the colors. Very eye-catching! A feast for the eyes! I bet they light up your room!

Comment

• battmasterson
            Career Member
            • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice customs. They all look great, but I think that my favorite is Hawkman. I love the look of the figure. Nice work on all of them. By the way, Dr. Midnight is a close second.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Neat looking pile of figures!!
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

These are pretty cool, I guess my favorites would be Earth two Robin and the Vigilante, I also like what you did for Hawkman’s mask.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  These are pretty cool, I guess my favorites would be Earth two Robin and the Vigilante, I also like what you did for Hawkman’s mask.
                  Second! the Hawkman mask is way cool. And E-2 Robin in the Red and Green always just astounding.
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. My customs are very simple compared to the astounding work I marvel here, so I appreciate the kind words.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Cool stuff!

Comment

• VinMan
                        Career Member Mego Maniac
                        • Sep 6, 2012

All of them look great but Dr Midnight is extra awesome!!!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Charming--you know Chris, that "Megoesque" is the greatest compliment. And I really like Dr, Mid-nite, too!
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

Good looking stuff...

Comment

• bobws
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 13, 2008

Between Your Customs and Brian L's Suits i went on a Golden age customizing romp, too bad I lost them all in my storage unit. So now i start again I'm currently waiting for about six GA Suits to come from Brian all of which i had before. deja vu all over again!
                              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎