Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Star Trek 14" Captain Kirk (Mint Off Card)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Star Trek 14" Captain Kirk (Mint Off Card)

Mint Off Card gives you an exclusive first look at the upcoming Mego Star Trek 14″ Captain Kirk from the upcoming wave 13 of Mego Figures. This new Captain Kirk is coming this summer and he sports a new head sculpt, the new Mego 14″ body, and some really collector-friendly new packaging. How does is…

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like this much more than I expected, the new body is appealing. Love the tunic color. I think the new 14" Megos are going to sell well.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 20, '21, 9:33 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

The 14” guys all look so awesome! Can’t wait
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

That is one beautiful Kirk. Andy Covalt knocked that head sculpt out of the park and into orbit.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That definitely looks like Shatner in Season 1, or the beginning or end of Seasons 1 and 2, when he would lose weight, gain weight, lose weight again. ;-) By Season 3, I think he kind of just gave up.

Fantastic sculpt, and I love the colors too. I didn't pre-order any 14" figures, because I bought so many 8", but I have made my family fully aware they would make great gifts for birthday and Christmas!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I like this too and although I don’t collect anything over the 8” line, (just no room) I might consider picking this up, if I can find it? not much luck with mego’s in my area Target-Walmart’s.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
              • Dec 5, 2019

A nice looking figure. I'm not sure I'll be getting one, as lack of room has kept me away from the 14" figures, but I won't make a final decision until I see him in person. I do find it a little odd that the detailing molded into the communicator looks more like the front of a tricorder than that of a communicator. I do like that you can change out the hands!

James

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Appreciate the video Brian. Its nice to see the comparison with vintage product, because it illustrates the upgrades in so many different areas. I like the uptick in detail to the accessories too. It was time to bring those to a more current look and Mego brought it home with a nice balance between the past and present. Love the new body. I think it was a much needed upgrade from the Pulsar edition that was a bit on the bulky side. Everything looks more proportionately correct now.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

These videos are always fun. I like the looks of 14 inch Kirk figure much more than I thought I would. The head sculpt conveys Shatner and still looks Mego. I might get that one and Spock if he's done, but I just don't have the room to display them and I get tired of getting stuff to put in a box in the basement.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

the 14" Trek figures all look great. I'd love to see some comparison video of the new 14" body compared to the old

Comment

• Corndog
                      • Apr 30, 2021

I'm most definitely getting the Spock, he has the same charm as the original, but with a lot more detail, truly magnificent selection.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

GREATR M.O.C. Review Brian! And Great Kirk head sculpt Andy!
                        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

I didn’t sculpt it. The credit was an error.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

They seem to make a lot of sculpting credit mistakes on their packaging.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

^^Assignments are often moved around depending upon everyone’s schedules.
                              Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jul 25, '21, 3:09 PM.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎