• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

HBO Max Titans

E6WCYaBVkBIGDAO.jpg
    Well we have finally watched both season 1 & 2 of the HBO Max Titans and to me it was a mess. Most of the actors/actress look very much like the comic book versions. I have been reading the Teen Titans since the 70's, I inherited the original run (which I borrowed to read growing up) so yeah I KNOW my Titans history and yes it can get a little messy thanks to DC Comics who keep recreating there universe. The first live action series though felt like the writers read the cliffnotes of the characters and made up there own version.

Bruce Wayne just doesn't look like he could put on the Batman outfit. He looks more like Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne.

Dick Grayson went to hell and back and it took so long to get him in the Nightwing outfit. There were so many plotholes in the two season with Grayson that I just gave up.

Aqualad should have NEVER been taken out with a bullet. Atlanteans are bulletproof, since the live at the bottom of the ocean they can skin/skeleton are denser than normal humans.

Hawk & Dove are just cosplayers instead of Agents of Chaos & Order?

Raven was more like the comic book Raven 2 and that was fine, but having her bio-mom not fighting Trigon control of Raven was off.

Beast Boy was done well. Yeah I would have liked to see him green all the time, but that cost money.

Starfire I was lost on. I got over the orange color due to cost to produce it. It was the change in her history that through me off.

Superboy & Krypto this early in the series?

Jason Todd looked and sound like the comic book version, even in the books he wasn't that much of a member to the Titans (more like a fill in for Grayson) Do not know how they are going to turn him into Red Hood in season 3.

Rose Wilson sounded & Looked like her comic book character. Was not happy with the fact that her story was Terra as the Titan Traitor. Happy to see her as a member after that clumsy writing.

Jericho story seemed rushed. He didn't even get a costume.

Wonder Girl. I have been waiting for Robin & Wonder Girl version of the live action Titans for decades, and she barely shows up and again what happens to her at the end shouldn't have been possible.

The writers of the Titans show when with the 'Batman Begins' grounded-in-reality that sounds ridiculous. Your writing about Aliens, Demons, Amazons, Shifters, people jumping off roof tops without ripping there bodies apart, and a someone who can posses other people. Your writing sci-fi so stop holding back.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 28, '21, 6:32 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Wonder Girl is not dead. The actress is back next season. I didn't like that they killed Aqualad either but suspect they will bring in the newer Aqualad at some point soon anyway. i really like the show. Wasn't crazy about StarFire at first but she grew on me and the actress is really hot. she's so much prettier without all the weird hair colors and makeup though. I like the Hawk and Dove story arc too

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I did like the guest appearance of the Doom Patrol in the Titans and would like to see them crossover again.

As far as season 3 goes, there moving back to Gotham City and again were adding more Batman Family characters. Don't get me wrong I love the Bat-Family, but having this many Bat characters is overboard. Plus it looks like the show is going to go again and take awhile for Tim Drake to get his Robin costume (Nightwing story again).
      titans-season-3-poster-1.jpg
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

I appreciate this show but there are definitely some annoying elements...

1. I can't stand Raven's character. She is like the annoying little sister you would never want around.

2. Batman - They should've kept him off screen IMO and just show him speaking to the Titans rather than the full-blown casting.

3. Lack of Speedy & Cheshire - It seems they replaced their storyline with Jason and Rose.

4. Diana's "Death" was very stupid for an Amazon.

I still enjoy the show though and am interested in season 3 a lot more because I am a huge Batman fan.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

The first episode that dropped last night (yes we stayed up to watch all 3 ep starting at 2am) were some easter eggs of other Robins:

Carrie Kelley
          In the Dark Knight Returns, Carrie Kelley sought out Batman and earned the right to fight alongside him as Robin using her home made costume.
          CB Carrie Kelley 1.jpgvlcsnap-2021-08-12-13h15m10s579.jpg

Daxton Chill
          Part of the "We Are Robin" series. Current student at Miller Varley Technical High School and a member of the underground group called Robins.
          CB Daxton Chill 1.jpgdaxton chill 2.jpgvlcsnap-2021-08-12-13h16m13s918.jpg
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Stephanie Brown is the Cluemaster's daughter who became the Spoiler to "spoil" her father's criminal plots, & dated Tim Drake while he was Robin. Steph temporarily becomes #Robin when Tim is forced to quit by his father.
            3660430-spoiler.jpgcb sb as robin.jpgvlcsnap-2021-08-12-14h18m12s401.jpg

Duke Thomas a.k.a. The Signal
            A Gotham City teenager, and the newest ally to Batman. Rather than train another sidekick, Batman looks to mentor Duke to be something new; Gotham's daytime protector.
            The Signal 1.jpgvlcsnap-2021-08-12-13h17m58s523.jpg
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Batman Jones?

Seeing Tim Drake riding around town in a "Bat-Cycle" reminded me of another old Batman junior partner:

After being rescued by Batman, The Jones named their son Batman. Batman Jones grew to be the #1 Batman fan. With his home-made Bat Suit & Bat-Cycle he shadowed the Dynamic Duo on a few of their adventures
              Batman jones.jpgBatman Jones (1).jpgBatman Jones (2).jpg
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i watched the first 2 episodes last night. damn good so far. not sure i am sold on the actress playing Barbara though

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎