Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FTC Prices are getting ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    I’m not convinced.
    Consider NECAs failed POTA line at 27.99 with first ever Heston likeness and superior bodies and clothes, yes price point matters. Id pass on a ton of Megos at higher prices as would many others

Quote Originally Posted by VulcansFury View Post
    Consider NECAs failed POTA line at 27.99 with first ever Heston likeness and superior bodies and clothes, yes price point matters. Id pass on a ton of Megos at higher prices as would many others
    I think people would still buy plenty at $20. It’s a full $7 cheaper than your example from 5 years ago.

All of NECAs retro figures are $35+ now. FTC have been at least $30 and now $40. I think going up to $20 (which was the price of Mattel Retros 10 years ago) would still be a steal.

Having said all this, my original post was a goof post, so…you know…whatever.

This thread should really be about FTC since their price actually did go to $40.
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jul 18, '21 at 8:12 PM.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    I think people would still buy plenty at $20. It’s a full $7 cheaper than your example from 5 years ago.

All of NECAs retro figures are $35+ now. FTC have been at least $30 and now $40. I think going up to $20 (which was the price of Mattel Retros 10 years ago) would still be a steal.

Having said all this, my original post was a goof post, so…you know…whatever.

This thread should really be about FTC since their price actually did go to $40.
    I caught the sarcasm and even chuckled a bit. Then again, I sprinkle a little sarcasm on everything.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    I try to keep quiet about FTC, but yeah, given their quality control problems and their refusal to address them, and with all the 8" cloth-figured options out there now, I personally have zero plans to purchase anything from them, especially at that price point. For those who dig them, and are willing to dig deeper in your wallet, more power to you.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    If you only got three, you are missing on of the variations.
    I should be specific.i thought you meant 18 red sweater stand,since I read you bought copies of that one.i have all the variants.so I actually have 2 of each witch would be 8 stand of the 4 variants.

Stan lee's I ment.

https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pngwynne View Post
    if mego's going to raise prices, there should be a corresponding increase in the design and quality of their soft-goods.
    say it louder for the people in the back!
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

^Apparently, a bandless body is justification enough, so say FTC.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

^Apparently, a bandless body is justification enough, so say FTC.
    They don't own the molds for the bandless bodies, so they probably pay a lot more for them than the stuff they own.

Iím amazed that people come on this thread and say things like I donít buy FTC or I havenít bought any in 2 yearsÖ.

Why even read FTC threads then? Go back to your Tootie dolls.

That being said, I will continue to get figures I want at FTC, but will not be filling in lines or a Completists anymore. They really are pushing it.

Still Dr Fate Halo Flash plastic man metamorpho green lantern super friends and Batman 66 make me very happy.