X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    They don't own the molds for the bandless bodies, so they probably pay a lot more for them than the stuff they own.
    Looks like everyone will!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      Looks like everyone will!
      or won't
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        or won't
        That would be amazing!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          That would be amazing!
          Pretty sure they will see some blowback from this move. At 40 bucks the figures would need to be perfect. FTC has a hard time pulling that off.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Tiina, I'm amazed that you're amazed that FTC criticisms would be posted in a thread created as an FTC criticism.

This is a 1/9 forum, and I collect and enjoy that format--so I'll read or post whatever I want, wherever I want here. The mods can decide if I'm amiss.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              They don't own the molds for the bandless bodies, so they probably pay a lot more for them than the stuff they own.
              They don't? They seem to own other former CAW stuff.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I was under the impression that they bought out Castaway. Not sure how the arrangement is for the Yvonne body since Galloping Gals still is selling it and making new stuff for it.

Comment

• tiinacat
                  Museum Patron
                  • Feb 4, 2015

I’m not amazed by criticism (well and deserved) I’m amazed by people, that say they don’t buy them, actually care one way or the other.

I own a Mini Countryman. I doubt go on Land Rover forums and talk trash about them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I do buy them, and I do care one way or another. But of course I understand that everyone "cares" differently. I just don't enjoy being chided for expressing concerns or making criticisms.

I think being unhappy about a price point in relation to a track record might be justified. But buying what makes you happy--that's the best solution.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 22, '21, 6:47 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      The molds used to be co-owned by a couple of parties, and were able to be used by either. When the Yvonne body sold, the new owner was able to get the type-s bodies made without owning the copyright. I think I was second in line to purchase the Yvonne molds.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

I lost respect for them as a company after they released their latest Wonder Woman line. A lot of people had high hopes for them when it looked like they were going to release 8” scale figures of the old 12" Mego doll line--including Nubia. Granted, their promo pictures weren't the prettiest, but the actual product they sent out was even worse with the darker skin tone, and baggy, loose-fitting costume. I can't believe they sent those figures out looking like that, and took people's hard earned cash. Are you telling me not one person working there didn't think anything was wrong with them? Obviously, they knew something was wrong because they cancelled Nubia-- but not until people purchased the other 4 figures in the line.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Those WW figures are already getting parted out so they must have went over like a lead balloon. They were poor in design and execution. Why that was even brought to market is beyond me.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I’m amazed that people come on this thread and say things like I don’t buy FTC or I haven’t bought any in 2 years….

Why even read FTC threads then? Go back to your Tootie dolls.
                            Because they are a part of this forum, and the figures are advertised in the newsletter every week. Whether I choose to buy FTC products or not, I am the target audience for them, being a big fan of the figure format, and an even bigger fan of DC Comics for over 40 years. Personally, I don't partake of their product much, because of their documented QC problems, and their refusal to really address and correct them. But that's me. I don't begrudge anyone who loves them, buys everything, or even a few things.

Mego figures get plenty of criticism from folks who won't buy them, and also folks who actively orders whole cases of them. The fact that the discussion here is kept civil by the moderators is a great thing, but there's still going to be dissenting opinions of everything.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Another reason is, people buy whole cases and turn them around to make a profit on ebay.

It’s been said before, FTC is a hit or miss with there products, but the prices keep creeping up along with shipping on top.

But what the heck, if you want it bad enough then buy it, if it’s not a must have then pass on it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎