X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

FTC Prices are getting ridiculous

$39.99 per figure in this wave of Type-S figures. Inexplicably limited to 500 pieces as well. Kinda feels like FTC is just taking advantage of collectors now, especially since this wave is made up entirely of parts they already make. Sticking with New Mego, who can actually sell their figures for a reasonable price.
    The hands that grip.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

That's super expensive! They are probably only using parts that have been sitting unsold in the warehouse. Stripping figures that haven't sold and switching bodies...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

To whom it may concern at Mego,

You could be charging way more.

Thank you.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        To whom it may concern at Mego,

You could be charging way more.

Thank you.
        And sell way less figures and lose lots of customers.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          And sell way less figures and lose lots of customers.
          I’m not convinced.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I’m not convinced.
            I for one haven't purchased anything new from FTC since the first time they raised prices a few years ago. TBH FTC has always been a little overpriced, and now they're REALLY overpriced.
            Last edited by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip; Jul 16, '21, 3:47 PM.
            The hands that grip.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I’m not saying go up to $40. But $20-25 is still less than every other 8” figure and would allow for more accessories.

But really, this is supposed to be about FTC. So $40+shipping! Who’s in?

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

I buy sparingly from FTC. $40 is a definite no. At $29.99, I have passed on figures I would have bought for $24.99 or less. I still think $19.99-$24.99 should be the price point for these type figures. Conversely, I have bought a bunch of figures from Mego that I wouldn’t have at a higher price point.

Which is a better model? Sell less figures at a higher price (profit?) on your own website or sell more figures with less profit and begin to get in to most major retailers. I’m not even saying one is better than the other. One is riskier, but has a higher ceiling in my opinion.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

If Mego's going to raise prices, there should be a corresponding increase in the design and quality of their soft-goods.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Figure8
                    Museum Patron
                    • May 18, 2016

I almost felt ashamed when I paid as little as $15 for my 8" Mego Batman and Superman. And that whole line is really great with exceptional, truly professional sculpts. They've raised the price a little now, but I still think it's a steal, especially compared to the FTC stuff. I really wonder how they can afford to RAISE their prices with that kind of competition. In fact I haven't bought anything from FTC for nearly 2 years now.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I don't buy Neca or FTC because of the price. If Mego raised the price to the price of the other companies, I wouldn't buy them either. I buy an awful lot of Mego figures. I'm not saying I'm their best customer, but I did buy eighteen Stan Lee figures. If the price were higher, I might have bought two at the most. Maybe even just one.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

If that is the price for new figures going forward with them I am out. The S type body is supposed to correct one of their biggest weaknesses, the body itself. At 30 I was not buying much of their figures, this is nuts.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

All I care about, from Mego or FTC, are head sculpts and clothes. Upgrading a body--and thereby raising costs-- is only going to make my already-discretionary purchases more discretionary.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

To be completely honest, after 50 years the original mego bodies are still the best IMHO, maybe just an upgraded restringing with some but there still quality goods.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              All I care about, from Mego or FTC, are head sculpts and clothes. Upgrading a body--and thereby raising costs-- is only going to make my already-discretionary purchases more discretionary.
                              I total agree.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎