Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FTC Prices are getting ridiculous

Images
    I lost respect for them as a company after they released their latest Wonder Woman line. A lot of people had high hopes for them when it looked like they were going to release 8” scale figures of the old 12" Mego doll line--including Nubia. Granted, their promo pictures weren't the prettiest, but the actual product they sent out was even worse with the darker skin tone, and baggy, loose-fitting costume. I can't believe they sent those figures out looking like that, and took people's hard earned cash. Are you telling me not one person working there didn't think anything was wrong with them? Obviously, they knew something was wrong because they cancelled Nubia-- but not until people purchased the other 4 figures in the line.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Those WW figures are already getting parted out so they must have went over like a lead balloon. They were poor in design and execution. Why that was even brought to market is beyond me.

Images
    Iím amazed that people come on this thread and say things like I donít buy FTC or I havenít bought any in 2 yearsÖ.

Why even read FTC threads then? Go back to your Tootie dolls.
    Because they are a part of this forum, and the figures are advertised in the newsletter every week. Whether I choose to buy FTC products or not, I am the target audience for them, being a big fan of the figure format, and an even bigger fan of DC Comics for over 40 years. Personally, I don't partake of their product much, because of their documented QC problems, and their refusal to really address and correct them. But that's me. I don't begrudge anyone who loves them, buys everything, or even a few things.

Mego figures get plenty of criticism from folks who won't buy them, and also folks who actively orders whole cases of them. The fact that the discussion here is kept civil by the moderators is a great thing, but there's still going to be dissenting opinions of everything.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Another reason is, people buy whole cases and turn them around to make a profit on ebay.

It’s been said before, FTC is a hit or miss with there products, but the prices keep creeping up along with shipping on top.

But what the heck, if you want it bad enough then buy it, if it’s not a must have then pass on it.