Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thatblockoguy
    • Mar 24, 2010

New Mego bands

Finally decided to pick up some of these new figures. I was initially apprehensive after watching Toy Polloi’s Ultraman review but, overall I’m satisfied with the quality. I’ve always been wary, though, of “rubber band” construction after experiencing O ring disintegration on my 80’s GI Joe’s and MOTU figures. Any idea if the quality of bands on these new Mego figs will hold up better over time?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Only time will tell
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

Any idea what kind of bands these are? If I go to Home Depot, what kind should I be looking for?
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Gramercyplace
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 23, 2012

I use the Danco #13 O-Rings. They come in a 10-pack. Both Home Depot and Amazon carry them. I’ve had two brand new Mego bodies with rubber bands that have snapped, and have used the Danco to replace them. The Mego bands are similar, just slightly thinner. When replacing the bands, I do use the metal bits that hook onto the arm, but I discard the leg hook, and attach the band directly to the plastic leg pin-hook, just FYI.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 23, 2008

Does anyone have a tutorial on restringing a Mattel Retro Action? I would assume maybe its the same as restringing a normal mego body?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎