X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
    I'm sorry if I didn't catch this. but will Mego do other GI Joe ARAH characters other then snake and storm in the near future?
    In the initial livestream announcement it seemed to me that they made real effort to not imply that anything other than the snake eyes / storm shadow were for sure happening.
    The vibe I got was more of a “one would hope that if these sell well enough and are well received Hasbro might consider teaming up for more”
    Seems to me that it’s a one time teamup scenario, as opposed to Mego getting the Joe license. Compare this single hasbro hosted release to Super7 securing the license to produce their own Joe lines.

I have to wonder if these have / or will meet sales expectations since the movie they were tied to was DOA.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Has there been any update on the release date of these? I think it was originally "Fall 2021" on the Hasbro site.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

It’s still fall 2021 😀
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I'd be curious what the sales for this have been. Joe is getting an overwhelming amount of new content and the Mego news didn't exactly light the Joe world on fire. Mego fans seem interested but the pricing and character selection (not that they didn't pick very popular characters) made many say they were going to pass. The SE movie bombed.

So if this is a success in spite of all that, it would be a real testament to the Joe brand. But if it falls short of some expectations, I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

Seems to me the basic fans of GI Joe are happy to get the small retro figures made more like the originals. Obviously Mego should just do something new with a different name but starting after the Micronauts they designed themselves in that direction. :-)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎