X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayray
    • May 21, 2013

Replacing African American female head and body

Hi all,
    I wish I remembered better where I got the parts for this figure , but her head has popped off the body and I can’t seem to reattach them. I imagine the head and body came from different sources, but honestly I can’t recall.

In the interest of quickly recreating a Nubia figure (with the talented Dan L Hayes’ costumes), where can I find a head and body that replace, or match, what you see here? Advice welcomed!image.jpg
  • Doctor Dim
    • May 18, 2017

It would help to actually show the body.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I hadn’t realized there were differences between black and white bodies other than colour of plastic used. Interesting.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rayray
        • May 21, 2013

The brown heads and bodies are often different shades (and the heads have straight hair and blue eyes, which annoy me no end) but I was hoping someone might help suggest a place to find a head and body that match shades and are designed for each other - OR suggest a way to get this head reattached to body. It seems that this head doesn't actually attach to the body.

Sometimes when I post on this part of the forum, I feel like I've wandered into an area where I don't speak the language and am greeted with snark, and I don't get that at all on what is usually a friendly forum overall.

Comment

• Doctor Dim
          • May 18, 2017

No snark intended. You asked for help identifying a body which is covered except for the hands and a bit of the torso. It appears to be a Mego body, but could be any number of knockoffs that copied Mego.

If the body is from Mego, remove the head from the neck. It should pull out with a bit of effort. There should be a small U-shaped plastic piece inside the head, possibly attached to a rubber band. Thread a length of 1mm round elastic down through the neck into the body to the pelvis section where there should be a connection peg running from front to back. Thread the elastic around that peg and back up through the body and neck. Pull snug, then tie the two ends together on top of the U-shaped piece so that the knot doesn't pull through the neck. Replace the head.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

That’s not a Mego female body, it looks like standard male body or a knockoff as suggested and your correct in assuming the head and body came from different sources, mego female heads did not have neck plugs, the head popped off the body because there incompatible, probably was forced on in the first place.

Comment

• MegoMam
              • Dec 21, 2015

The elastic broke, there should be an elastic with a loop in each end that connects the head (the neck actually) to a central pin in the body, very hard to replace.

Comment

• MegoMam
                • Dec 21, 2015

this might help at least how it should look and a possible fix: https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroe...action-figures

Comment

• rayray
                  • May 21, 2013

Broken rubber band

Originally posted by MegoMam
                  this might help at least how it should look and a possible fix: https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroe...action-figures
                  Hi all,
                  Thanks - the band did break. This is a generic female figure almost certainly from FTC/Classic TV Toys. Will either replace band if I can find another one, or just get another figure.
                  R

Comment

• Doctor Dim
                    • May 18, 2017

Originally posted by rayray
                    Hi all,
                    Thanks - the band did break. This is a generic female figure almost certainly from FTC/Classic TV Toys. Will either replace band if I can find another one, or just get another figure.
                    R
                    The original band was put in before the pelvis was glued together, so it's impossible to replace it with the same type of band. Round elastic is inexpensive, and easy to find (You can get it at Wal*Mart).

Comment

• MegoMam
                      • Dec 21, 2015

Sorry, I was not suggesting you buy the kit, just use thin information for restringing. Elastic is cheap at wally-mart.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎