Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Recently I purchases some items from CTVT to create a repro version of the Mego Buffalo Bill Cody figure. After putting him together and displaying him on my shelf, I noticed a few days later his holster had sustained a big chip, making it difficult to hold his revolver. Then, a few days after that, I noticed one of his cowboy boots had completely split down the front. I want to get replacements so he looks complete again, but am afraid if I buy from CTVT the same thing will happen.

As a matter of fact, any time I have purchased any type of holster or gun belt from CTVT for any custom I make, it ends of breaking very easily.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i bought the indian spear from them with a bunch of other stuff, it arrived in 3 pieces. now i assume they did not ship it that way, but you never know. i suspect that the plastic has gotten brittle from sitting in the hot warehouse under the Florida sun. no different than if it had been stored in an attic for years.

Comment

• PB
        • Jul 2, 2021

I appreciate the feedback. I am questioning making a second order. I had already abandoned the idea of ordering any cloth goods but to know even the holsters and spears/swords are not durable is a real disappointment. I’d rather source parts from other toy lines than buy more crap. What a tragedy that these materials are not more stable because as I mentioned before, they seem to be an excellent resource for customization.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
          I recently bought an EMCE Klingon that had never been opened. His tunic disintegrated as soon as I took him out of the package.
          Same here.
          Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jul 31, '21, 9:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎