Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PB
    • Jul 2, 2021

Buyer BEWARE - Before You Order

Received my order of parts, but had to send over half of it back.

Do not buy any of their Ape items containing vinyl elements. The textile is literally decomposing before it comes out of the bag. They sent me three and none could be handled without breaking down.

I was hoping to upgrade The Fly’s lab coat to their longer version but it arrived with a stain and was so poorly constructed I couldn’t even get the lapels to fold back. A winter coat cuff was frayed because it also was not made well. The space suit didn’t line up when it was sewn together so the zipper immediately came off and one side of the collar was noticeably higher than the other. They jammed a miniature t shirt in my envelope, it wasn’t even in a plastic bag. I guess that’s how it got dirty. I actually kept that one.

The silver western revolver, and the chrome police gun are the same exact item. The black gun is the same tooling as well. They say for 8” figures but the grip appears to be sized closer to 1/12 sized hands.

I sent them an email. I didn’t mention and of the plastic items just the issues with the clothing. They were not really apologetic at all. But they did work with me and the refund came through quickly.

There is a lot of value to a resource like their site for customization and I will likely place another order.

Maybe this post will save you the trouble of shipping back a few items.
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Was this order from CTVT?

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

This is old news on FTC, there are probably several threads on it. They store the stuff in FLA in a warehouse with no climate control so the cheap leather rots fast.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PB
        • Jul 2, 2021

Ah well as usual I am late. It was disappointing to me especially when I thought I was being clever dissecting that orange shirt to make a custom ‘future boy’ vest.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

FTC is sometimes disappointing. Hope they took care of you.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Ah well as usual I am late. It was disappointing to me especially when I thought I was being clever dissecting that orange shirt to make a custom ‘future boy’ vest.
            Well, no one expects a company to continually ship defective product to their customers, so how would you know of other threads like this?

I don't understand it myself. If FTC can't store this stock in a way that it doesn't deteriorate...why do they keep offering it? Why not just trash it all, and remove it from their ordering options?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PB
              • Jul 2, 2021

You’re right about that. No surprise, the vinyl ape items are still available for purchase. They likely make a few bucks off of the flat shipping rate, I think it was twelve bucks. My items all fit in a padded envelope, it likely didn’t cost more than $5 to ship.

It’s the worst kind of cheap vinyl, probably made with a latex foam layer with nothing more than a topcoat of paint. Meanwhile MEGO vinyl from the 70s still holds up.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Well, no one expects a company to continually ship defective product to their customers, so how would you know of other threads like this?

I don't understand it myself. If FTC can't store this stock in a way that it doesn't deteriorate...why do they keep offering it? Why not just trash it all, and remove it from their ordering options?

Chris
                That's the real kicker. they should pull it off the site, knowing full well its no good. The shipping rates are another whole issue with them.

Comment

• PB
                  • Jul 2, 2021

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                  Was this order from CTVT?
                  Yes it was.

Does anyone know what the connection is between CTVT/FTC and worlds greatest superheroes dot com? Or is it the same company with a separate website for licensed product? Some of the items in the pictures appear to be identical.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PB
                    Does anyone know what the connection is between CTVT/FTC and worlds greatest superheroes dot com?
                    As far as I can tell, WGSH just buys things from other sources and sells them on their site. This seems to be a source of some confusion... even for their customers. For example, I have seen them credited for custom heads (like Chad's) that they were simply re-selling.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
                      As far as I can tell, WGSH just buys things from other sources and sells them on their site. This seems to be a source of some confusion... even for their customers. For example, I have seen them credited for custom heads (like Chad's) that they were simply re-selling.
                      Yeah he's just a reseller of others products. I think he's marvelous customs here?

Comment

• MysteryWho
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2008

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually going to buy some of that stuff soon. I guess I will skip the vinyl stuff. CTVT/FTC is very hit and miss. I don't buy their figures whole, I just buy the parts. Sometimes I get junk.

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by PB
                          Do not buy any of their Ape items containing vinyl elements. The textile is literally decomposing before it comes out of the bag. They sent me three and none could be handled without breaking down.
                          I've read about their APES items, so I was forewarned about their lack of quality, so I skipped buying them... I would have, because I've got some nekkid Soldiers in need of clothing, but I'll stick with Dr. Mego's Soldier Ape clothing...

I have read that CTVT's Chimp and Orangutan clothing is of better quality than their Gorilla stuff, so I may buy the Chimps clothing... It's weird though, I'm assuming the vinyl they use on their Chimp collars/bibs must be the same type as the Gorilla clothes, but I was told there's no disintegrating issues with the Chimp stuff... Weird...
                          Last edited by apes3978; Jul 14, '21, 3:03 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Because it's newer. It'll flake eventually.

To be fair, I've seen this happen on Emce Cornelius, too.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

I recently bought an EMCE Klingon that had never been opened. His tunic disintegrated as soon as I took him out of the package.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎